any shop can get tokina 11-16mm and pay by credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

averynkh

Apr 9, 2007
singapore
i hope it is allow to post this type of thread here ;p

yeah, i wanted to get this lens, nikon mount, but dun bear to give so much cash, wanted to pay it by credit card, i asked few shops and they dun have the stock at the moment yet they dun accept credit card... ;)

cathay told me the price is increasing soon... is that true and why? can cathay accept credit card? i din ask that day >"<

they are closed today... anyway, anyone kow?
thanks....

When u mentioned 'pay by credit card', do you mean:

1) Pay by credit card direct or
2) Pay by zero percent credit card.

I assume it is the former. For 1) normally 1-3% charge. For 2) normally 3-5% charge.
Worldwide recession in full swing, that's why increase price (This only happens in Singapore where demand for everything goes up despite naysayers and financial ruins in other parts of the world) Try going to park at any shopping centres: everywhere full, CTE jam, PIE jam, Shopping centre jam, lenses out of stock, camera bodies out of stock: What recession?:confused:

I assume it is the former. For 1) normally 1-3% charge. For 2) normally 3-5% charge.
Worldwide recession in full swing, that's why increase price (This only happens in Singapore where demand for everything goes up despite naysayers and financial ruins in other parts of the world) Try going to park at any shopping centres: everywhere full, CTE jam, PIE jam, Shopping centre jam, lenses out of stock, camera bodies out of stock: What recession?:confused:

That's nonsense. The price is going up because the yen is appreciating like crazy.

yeah, the first one, haiz... already prepared for the extra charges... :dunno:
just i dun want to pay so much cash....

haha yeah, u r right, shopping centres, everywhere jam, but you are still have to q up for dining at res.. i cant tell what is the influention of the recession....

That's nonsense. The price is going up because the yen is appreciating like crazy.

oh yeah... i think it is because of yen.. i recalled a bit, i think the shop who told me this mentioned it... he said it will same for nikon and canon soon.... :dunno:

i bought it at $890 without GST, plus stein zeiser filter at $100 without gst
they dun charge extra for creditcard, so total is $1058
i think it is pretty good price, i bought it at Ritz, 35 pagoda singapore, chinatown
any review for this shop? i m first time to this shop...

cathay is too expensve.... $1050 smt is just the lens itself :nono:

Last edited:
i think it is pretty good price, i bought it at Ritz, 35 pagoda singapore, chinatown

As long as you get orginal Tokina warranty for your lens, it shdnt be problem.

Well, CP they provide quality service. But to me, can save a few bucks and lens quality the same is ok for me. :bsmilie:

the stein zeiser filter at $100 seems rather ex to me
can anyone confirm?

the stein zeiser filter at $100 seems rather ex to me
can anyone confirm?

so do i ;p
it is 77mm anyway

i dun really kow the price in fact... hoya's is $150 :dunno:
so i chose a cheaper one.... is this brand good enough?
german's brand....

Oh dear... I think they (the shop) made up for the low price of the lens by jacking up the filter price. As you didnt say what filter you got, cant say exact price but I genuinely dont think a SteinZeiser is this high.

Well, moving on, at least the combined price is in the CP price range.

Never heard of the brand though... Anyways, FYI, I got my Hoya Super-HMC UV filters from both eBay and B&H - none costed above $80 (including shipping).

Oh dear... I think they (the shop) made up for the low price of the lens by jacking up the filter price. As you didnt say what filter you got, cant say exact price but I genuinely dont think a SteinZeiser is this high.

Yeah, every damn shop (Almost la) does this nowadays. Just business.

Never heard of the brand though... Anyways, FYI, I got my Hoya Super-HMC UV filters from both eBay and B&H - none costed above $80 (including shipping).

Actually most of Hoya's lens & Tokina's lens are the same... :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.