Any SDHC card readers to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolmantops

Nov 8, 2009
Seletar
I'm using a Lexar SDHC and I need a good reliable card reader for it. (not too expensive)

My old brandless card reader is probably spoilt cos somehow my comp doesn't detect it anymore... And I'm afraid it may have corrupted my card :(

So folks, any recommendations? TIA!

I'm using a Lexar SDHC and I need a good reliable card reader for it. (not too expensive)

My old brandless card reader is probably spoilt cos somehow my comp doesn't detect it anymore... And I'm afraid it may have corrupted my card :(

So folks, any recommendations? TIA!
I got a black Prolink multi-card reader from Challenger early last year. Works for both Mac and PC. Costs around $15 if i remember correctly.

4c29881f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Reportage!

I'm looking for one found preferrably at sim lim... cos I'm going there tmrs

Using 'Mini' brand multi reader. Quite sleek and compact. Should cost less than $30. Able to read most format and transfer speed is decent too

Can someone recommend me to a shop at SLS? I just went there and was so lost... The only shop which I've visited before is Alan Photo Trading cos that's where my dad buys cams... However they only have the SanDisk multi card reader. No Lexar :/

Is there a shop where I can find the Lexar multi card reader?

Last edited:
SLS, Best Bargain shop on 5th floor, Kingston card reader for about $20+ (vaguely remember). Get the memory cards from there also, so far prices are relatively the best!

SLS, Best Bargain shop on 5th floor, Kingston card reader for about $20+ (vaguely remember). Get the memory cards from there also, so far prices are relatively the best!

It's not Best Price right? Didn't see the Best Bargain shop when I went to lvl5

It's not Best Price right? Didn't see the Best Bargain shop when I went to lvl5

yah not best price. its somewhat "behind". Not those main shops you see in the front.

yah not best price. its somewhat "behind". Not those main shops you see in the front.

Thanks! I shall drop by later... They should have Lexar card readers right

Thanks! I shall drop by later... They should have Lexar card readers right

Eii, that i'm not sure, but last time i went, i remember asking what brands they have for card readers, they say kingston, don't think have lexar leh..

Kingston should be alright, have 2yrs warranty~

Just check my Lexar Professional UDMA Reader receipt. I bought it from one of those computer show (07/03/2008) and the shop name is Convergent Systems. I think this is the authorized dealer of Lexar in Singapore.

The contact info on the receipt:
60 Albert Street #11-01
OG Albert Complex
Tel: 68281817

Can give them a call and see which shop carry this item in SLS.

Eii, that i'm not sure, but last time i went, i remember asking what brands they have for card readers, they say kingston, don't think have lexar leh..

Kingston should be alright, have 2yrs warranty~

I just bought the Kingston mobile lite card reader
from the shop. Costs $10 only... Thanks for the recommendation xhui! :D

Just check my Lexar Professional UDMA Reader receipt. I bought it from one of those computer show (07/03/2008) and the shop name is Convergent Systems. I think this is the authorized dealer of Lexar in Singapore.

The contact info on the receipt:
60 Albert Street #11-01
OG Albert Complex
Tel: 68281817

Can give them a call and see which shop carry this item in SLS.

Oh dear.... I just saw your post. I alr bought the Kingston card reader bout an hr ago :/

Thanks for all the info though! If this new one gives me problems I'll check out the lexar ones :)

I just bought the Kingston mobile lite card reader
from the shop. Costs $10 only... Thanks for the recommendation xhui! :D

Hope it works well for you! ;)

note that older card readers are unable to read SDHC cards. you'll need the newer card readers to do so.

i'm using SanDisk ImageMate all-in-one card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.