Any Scrapbooking Enthusiasts here???

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasbeanie

Hi everyone.. :D

Im new here and also interested in photography. On top of that, I am also interested in Scrapbooking my photographs. I've found the web presence is lacking for a place to meet local scrapbooking enthusiasts. Therefore, I've set up an online community just for scrapbooking!

If you want to explore scrapbooking or are a scrapaholic.. do check it out ya?

This is not a commercial site.. juz a hobby site.

http://www.thescrappersloft.com

:thumbsup:

sorry. i might sound scrappy... but what's scrap-booking all about?

A scrapbook is simply a decorated photo album—but it’s different from a photo album because it preserves something more than just the photos. A scrapbook includes journaling (telling the story behind the photos) as well as memorabilia (tickets, certificates, letters, etc.). You might have a family album as well as smaller theme albums for vacations, home improvement or a baby’s first year.

:) do check out the webbie ya!

Hmm.... Always wanted to do a scrap book but my skills are pretty bad.

there is no right or wrong in scrapbooking.. its something personal...
if u are interested.. do drop by the site.. we have many scrapaholics that can help you and you can ask any questions there also.

its really fun.. and if you are digitally 'sound'.... go digital .. eg: with photoshop !
so there are 2 ways to this...

im sure there are lots of photographers here that know how to use photoshop :)

Looks interesting but I no skills so end up putting my prints in normal photo album. Always wanted to put all my idols prints into a nice photo album and give it to them but don't know how.

I'm interested... how do you do it in software? Or what software you use for those scrapbooks in your site gallery?

basically there are 2 types of scrapbooking. the paper/traditional type where you get down and dirty with physical paper, cutting and pasting with your photos, adding embelishments to accentuate your pages and writing your journaling. there's also a whole 'concept' of photograph archival which essentially is the main idea of scrapbooking [before the era of digital cameras]. u know? photos and albums that will turn yellow and age over years.. well thats how scrapbooking came about.. photo archival as one of its priorities. so only acid free and lignin free papers are used.

The other type which is the current new wave.. is digital scrapbooking. that is essentially the same as paper scrapbooking but using a photo editing software to create your digital layouts.

im personally a photoshop cs2 user. :) but you can essentially use any photo editing software! elements, paint shop pro, photo impact etc..

Venom81 said:
Looks interesting but I no skills so end up putting my prints in normal photo album. Always wanted to put all my idols prints into a nice photo album and give it to them but don't know how.
you do need skill!.. join us.. we'll teach you. there is NO WRONG in scrapbooking.. its something personal :) we also have challenges to help you better your skills..

jasbeanie said:
The other type which is the current new wave.. is digital scrapbooking. that is essentially the same as paper scrapbooking but using a photo editing software to create your digital layouts.

im personally a photoshop cs2 user. :) but you can essentially use any photo editing software! elements, paint shop pro, photo impact etc..

I'm tryin to do it digitally...

How do you generate the backgound?.....:think: should I ask this in your other forum?

CYRN said:
I'm tryin to do it digitally...

How do you generate the backgound?.....:think: should I ask this in your other forum?
yea ask there... i am coming up with a digital scrapbooking 101 short course soon... :)

if you want to preserve your memories.. like wedding day or photos of your child.. i guess you would like it.

jasbeanie said:
you do need skill!.. join us.. we'll teach you. there is NO WRONG in scrapbooking.. its something personal :) we also have challenges to help you better your skills..

Sure, I'll join you but must you must teach me. I know nuts about scrapbook.

venom... lesson one - creatng your first digital layout is up... :)

Tried once but fail. :bsmilie: Gave up eventually. :( I tried the paper/traditional type but got lazy and bought one from borders. Even the journel i wrote halfway only.:embrass:

A little OT but....

When I was clearing out my cupboards a few months back, I stumbled upon my old collection of stamps and phonecards.. Just wondering if anyone still collects stamps and phonecards...
Sadly, both seem to be getting phased out slowly.. 'Stamps' these days are just normal printed labels and payphones are seeing less use due to cell phones.. *sigh*

still got my stamp and coin albums ... never collected phone cards ... but got a stack of old pokemon cards i collected in sec 1 :sweatsm:

afbug said:
Tried once but fail. :bsmilie: Gave up eventually. :( I tried the paper/traditional type but got lazy and bought one from borders. Even the journel i wrote halfway only.:embrass:
how about trying the digital way?

Hmm... For Mac users iPhoto oso does a beautiful job as well. But its standard templates though.

Status
Not open for further replies.