Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
Anyone into scale modelling?

Amor vehicle (tank) ?
Fighter plane?
Ship?

or diorama?

I used to.... until flight simming and photography got me... Still have around 60 unopened boxes sitting in my cupboard. More into aviation and space models.

yeah, sorry for the mis-spelled.

60 boxes.... wow..... you should give it away or sell it away :p
if they can talk, they will protest (kidding).

i also just into scale modelling for couple of month.
i can't afford a compressor now, so, using brush,
but for tank and military vehicles,
can't really feel "ALOTSSSSSSSSSSSS" different,
not saying my hand as good as air-brush,
of course air-brush can archieve somethign which hand cannot.

anyway, i'm building a F15E with weapon now.
heaps of missiles.....

share some photo if anyone of you have them in your hard disk :)

I'm also using brush.... the trick is don't lay your paint on so thick. Sure it's faster if you put on a thicker paint, but it looks better if you apply many layers of thin paint. You'll also get a smoother surface that way.

Long time ago I also into scale modelling, tanks, ships and cars (aeroplane too difficult so I skip) Thats also why I picked up photography, because I wanted to take pictures of the finished scale models. I prefer hand brush rather than air brush, I use "thinner" to mix with the paint so they will not be so thick.
Just to paint 1 soldier took me almost 1 week, to paint a tank probably 1 month (I know....I am slow....)

Yep yep, me. Got close to 200 kits unbuilt, alot of built ones, some give away, some I keep.

More into Gundam and aircraft. No airliners for me, not up to that standard. Just modern military jets.:)

Zplus said:
Think you mean diorama.... :)

Yesh I do models. 1/72 planes and 1/35 armour and sci-fi...

i think the correct spelling is diaroma :)

yup, i'm into scale modelling too. i fix mainly 1/12 bikes and 1/24 cars. like Phillip Tan, photography got the better of me. i've got the below unfixed;

Honda S2000
Ferrari F1-F2000
Ferrari Enzo
Porsche Carrera GT
Yoshimura Suzuki Hayabusa

i use brush, spray paints and airbrush... depending on surface size.

philliptan said:
I'm also using brush.... the trick is don't lay your paint on so thick. Sure it's faster if you put on a thicker paint, but it looks better if you apply many layers of thin paint. You'll also get a smoother surface that way.

yeah... but some people might have all the patience to painstakenly paint the same object over and over again... :bsmilie:

hmm, yeah, 1/72 planes, 1/35 tanks and 1/700 ships.:) the word is Diorama i think.

Astin said:
Do u guys just build the scale models or build many scale models and create a scene for it?

if the models are of smaller scale, then maybe. but most of our kit are of the common scale. so, quite difficult to find space to build a scene...

I have way too many boxes in my room. They've replaced my walls. This is 1/5 of my collection.

102493795_6c429e9ea3_b.jpg

I keep telling myself I'll be able to finish them all after I retire.

holy **** ....

LOL
hey..any of you plan to sell those not done kits?
been dabbling with the idea of getting back into this hobby too..

besh said:
share some photo if anyone of you have them in your hard disk :)
I built more than 100 scale models long time ago, sold them off now since no more space to store. Mostly 1/72, 1/48 aeroplanes and 1/35 military vehicles.

Here is the photo of my P-51D Mustang, 1/48th scale, Hasegawa kit.
Mustang12.jpg

This one is BAC F.Mk.6 Lightning, 1/72nd scale, Hasegawa kit.
Lightning.jpg

This is a F-105D Thunderchief, 1/48th scale, Monogram kit.
f105_5.jpg

Sausage said:
Is anyone else into WW2 German air subjects? Like the Fw190s and Bf109s?
yes, I was.

This is the FockeWulf FW-190 D-9 (inline engine instead of radial), 1/32nd scale, Revell kit.
fw190_14.jpg

This is Messerschmitt Bf-109G, 1/48th scale, Monogram kit.
Bf109_4.jpg

The word is DIORAMA as in Shep Paine's book How To Build Dioramas.

The thing about 109s is that you can build 20 of them and still not scratch the surface of all the color schemes that existed. The wallet can't keep up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.