Any Sanyo Rechargeable Batt/ Charger Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwan

Jan 13, 2007
My sanyo 2300mAh (AA) Batts and charger have been serving me well for the past 1 year and recently i found out that after every Full charge (which is 1 hour), my batt dosent seem to work as it is any longer, the (LOW-BATT) indicator sign of my digital cam keep prompting and no shots can be taken due to the low power of the batt..

Any feebacks from SANYO users here , how long approx can your batts serve you?

How long can a charged battery hold its capacity if left unused?

Is the problem lying with my batts or my charger? (no matter how i charge, they dont seemed to last.)

Thanks

Those quick charge shortens the life of your batteries.
Are there occassions when your batteries stays flat for some period of time? This will also affect the battery life.

It is time to get a new set of batteries.

Was a Sanyo user. Now using mainly PowerEx, Energizer, Eneloop, ReCyko+. Charger is Maha 401/204.

The other thing I learn from here is that is you keep you batteries unused for too long, you got to do this, the cheap man's method. Charge and use until flat, charge again, use ntil flat, cycle goes on for about 5 times. This is if you do not have the $99 charger from Maha that can fully discharge the batteries.

How does charge and use until flat for 5 times save the batteries?

Was a Sanyo user. Now using mainly PowerEx, Energizer, Eneloop, ReCyko+. Charger is Maha 401/204.

The other thing I learn from here is that is you keep you batteries unused for too long, you got to do this, the cheap man's method. Charge and use until flat, charge again, use ntil flat, cycle goes on for about 5 times. This is if you do not have the $99 charger from Maha that can fully discharge the batteries.

How does charge and use until flat for 5 times save the batteries?

If the batteries have been unused for some time, to get it to have full charge you need to do this again. Use on tourchlights, remote controls so that it fully disc=harges all charge to the batteries and charge them again. After about 5 times, it goes back to full charge. I have tried it and it works.

Thanks for the tip felixcat8888. Will try it on some of my dead batteries ;)

If the batteries have been unused for some time, to get it to have full charge you need to do this again. Use on tourchlights, remote controls so that it fully disc=harges all charge to the batteries and charge them again. After about 5 times, it goes back to full charge. I have tried it and it works.

Thanks for the replies guys...i think i need a set of new batts..

Regarding the charger, The "Quick charge" will shorten the lifespan of the batts? so which means i got to change the charger too.. Is that true? How long do you guys judge a complete FULL charge for 4(AA)batts? 3hrs?

I charge the 1800mAh battery in about an hour and 2400mAh in an hour+. Use the 1800mAh for more than 2 years and 2400mAh a year+, no problem. If you don't use your batt after charge, re-charge it once every three months.

If you didn't charge the batt for a long time, the voltage may drop lower than a threshold and the quick charger will not charge it (charger will treat it as bad), use a slow charger (>10 hrs charging time) and charger it for an hour or so to bring the voltage above the threshold and then put it back to the quick charger to charge again.

hmm having a similar problem. my 1 yr old energizer 2500s used to be able to hold their charge but then after awhile, the time it discharged itself dropped to a week then half a week. and now it seems that in 2 days it ddischarges itself completely.. just got a new set of sanyo 2500s wondering how i can prevent this. using energizer 1 hr charger. hmm, where can i get the maha one?

Those quick charge shortens the life of your batteries.
Are there occassions when your batteries stays flat for some period of time? This will also affect the battery life.

It is time to get a new set of batteries.

Leaving NiMh unused for a long time will cause your batteries become "inactive", it will not shorten the battery capacity per charge. You have to "break in" and treat it like new NiMh. The step is as describe by felix8888. Changre the batteries to full and then drain it completely to zero, repeat a few cycles (depending on the length of time the batteries were left inactive). If you want you batteries to last looooong, charge your batteries at 200 milli amps at all times. Normal quick charger charge at average 1000 milli amp. You do the maths.

Leaving NiMh unused for a long time will cause your batteries become "inactive", it will not shorten the battery capacity per charge. You have to "break in" and treat it like new NiMh. The step is as describe by felix8888. Changre the batteries to full and then drain it completely to zero, repeat a few cycles (depending on the length of time the batteries were left inactive). If you want you batteries to last looooong, charge your batteries at 200 milli amps at all times. Normal quick charger charge at average 1000 milli amp. You do the maths.

Thanks :), so this dosent means that my batts are spoilt, it means that my batts are actually repeating its break in period and what i need to do is to break it in once again? If so, how do u guys dicharge it without using the charger discharge function?

Thanks

Thanks :), so this dosent means that my batts are spoilt, it means that my batts are actually repeating its break in period and what i need to do is to break it in once again? If so, how do u guys dicharge it without using the charger discharge function?

Thanks

After charging, use it on remote controls for tv/vcd/dvd or even torch lights. or even you air con remote hehe . . .

OT abit, can we use one charger for many different brand of battery? I'm currently using GP charger, so does it means i can charge a Eneloop battery without problem?

OT abit, can we use one charger for many different brand of battery? I'm currently using GP charger, so does it means i can charge a Eneloop battery without problem?

Why not? I use ny sanyo charger with refresh function to discharge/recharge my Energizers too

Thanks guys for the reply, To save the trouble, i invested in the Maha C9000 Charger. Trying to relive my batts.

Thanks once again.:)

After charging, use it on remote controls for tv/vcd/dvd or even torch lights. or even you air con remote hehe . . .
You can't really use a TV remote for that... I think you need to use a torch with traditional globe light, not LED. Just leave it on for a while, the batteries will be discharged quite quick. Using a remote may take a very very long time.

You can't really use a TV remote for that... I think you need to use a torch with traditional globe light, not LED. Just leave it on for a while, the batteries will be discharged quite quick. Using a remote may take a very very long time.

Agree whole heartedly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.