any rude experience anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlou

Mar 24, 2004
SG
hey guys. back at last. have been busy with lotsa assignments and stuff lately...

anyway, was listening to perfect 10's morning show the other morning when dan and partner was discussing about discourteous acts by some fellow singaporeans. and just yesterday, i bumped into one on the train...

it goes like this. i was with a friend at around 6+pm (peak period for ALL KINDS of PUBLIC transportation. i was standing, holding on to the bar on top. when i decided to turn around for a view of the other side, i ACCIDENTALLY kicked a lady's toe.

'sorry...' i said softly.

after which, when i turned my head around, i heard a MAN's voice for the next minute.

'he kicked u?'

'pain or not?'

'did he say sorry?'

this were the exact words that he said at a voice volume which was audible within the perimeter of 15 passengers standing around the area. tone? STERN one.

now can someone tell me pls what is this mister on a PUBLIC TRANSPORT trying to do? a fight? a debate? a quarrel or to be the 5th person to fall into the tracks and die?

i mean, come'on. its the peak period. it was an accident. i didnt mean to STAB his gf's leg on purpose or something. if i weren't cool headed enough, it would be a very bad train ride experience for the rest of the passengers on top.

any similar experiences with anyone of u clubsnappers? i still feel very disturbed by this kind of rude and disgusting acts by fellow singaporeans... :think:

You should not be angry and keep your cool. This kind of person that you had just mentioned have no good qualities at all (pure ignorance and full of hatred). Just ignore this kind of person and I believe that you will be a happier person.

There are bound to have this type of people around. Their behaviors is directly linked to their upbringing.

I was once making a phone call and accidentally pressed wrong number. I cancel the call without hearing the voice of the other party. After a short while, this guy called back my handphone and ask who i am. I told him i make a wrong number. He then said in a stern voice

" You should connect the line and tell me that you made a wrong call before cancelling the call."

I stood there for a second, dun know whether to laugh or argue back.

I end apologising to end the dispute.

I mean, isn't it normal to cancel a wrong call before the other party picks up the phone?

Few weeks ago at a 7-11 outlet, i saw a lady trying to pay some bill. Don't know what went wrong, somehow it took quite a while for the counter girl to get it done. A man (her husband or bf) told her (from quite a distance) ... "Don't have to be afraid. You shoud be more fierce than her!!" ... seems he is trying to get the lady to scold the counter girl for being slow. Then the best part was when the lady replied (loudly too) ... "Aiya! How can I be more fierce then these Chinese people??!!!" ... yeah it's only then I realized the counter girl is Chinese. Damn! What's wrong with these people? Why are they so f damn proud of themselves? If they are so damn great, they wouldn't have to go queue and pay bills themselves, they should have maids or assistants etc to do so. :angry:

you would encounter people sitting on the outer sits of the 2 sitter. The sit inside they would dump their bags and other stuff. Even when the bus is fill with people, they are oblivious to the situation and would not shift in so that other commuters could sit. Well it just makes me want to whack the buggy by the head.

Ohh maybe he/she paid the fair for the bag so that it can occupy 1 sit. :(

whats the race of the rude couple?

XXX Boy said:
You should not be angry and keep your cool. This kind of person that you had just mentioned have no good qualities at all (pure ignorance and full of hatred). Just ignore this kind of person and I believe that you will be a happier person.

i am really shocked with the way he reacted to the entire situation. his gf i think was nice enough to smile at me and stuff. i cannot believe it. he was in his 30s somemore leh... and bernard, i really have to agree with u on their upbringing man.

seriously, its really moral teaching at its worse. :nono:

renegade said:
ermmm if u r referring to my case ... oh they are Chinese. what i meant was the 7-11 staff sounds like she's from China (and from her name tag) too.

I realised a lot of Singaporeans has coloured eyes on China Nationals in Singapore. Feel really bad for the victims. In my church, we have gatherings for China people every week. We invited them to our homes for gatherings too. There is once a lady shared her experience that while she is looking for a house in Singapore, a property agent ask her whether she would like to earn extra money. She later found out that this agent is a pimp who wants to employ her service.

It is a disgrace to Singapore to have such people (property agent) around.

All Blacks said:
you would encounter people sitting on the outer sits of the 2 sitter. The sit inside they would dump their bags and other stuff. Even when the bus is fill with people, they are oblivious to the situation and would not shift in so that other commuters could sit. Well it just makes me want to whack the buggy by the head.

Ohh maybe he/she paid the fair for the bag so that it can occupy 1 sit. :(

I was on a bus on my way to work. There was one empty seat on the aisle side and the window side is dirty with spilled drinks. So I sat at the isle when a man boarded the bus and went to me and push me saying "Go in dah". I was shocked but thhought that it was someone I knew. But when I saw it was a stranger I just stood up and gave him my seat. That's not the end of it. He was nagging away like a chicken with diarrohea. I was contemplating if I should approach this guy when we reached the interchange but by the time we reached there I cooled down and not willing to let this incident spoil my day.

i once did a scannining service for an uncle who brought 48 pcs of 6x7 negs @ $2 each.
i counted the negatives he handed to me and total 48pcs,all was going nice and courteous and he came to collect the scan the next day.
i ran thru the scans one by one with his wife on the monitor,he paid up and left.

i received a call from this uncle the nx morning yelling at me,asking me y i scan one particular negative which is of a diff couple :dunno:
i told him those negatives are chosen by him and pass to me,i am not the one choosing the negs.
then he start making noise,say i should at least call and inform him there is a neg of a diff couple and ask him whether i should go ahead with it. ;(

it's just a $2 scan nia..money hard to earn from this type of customer..

jbma said:
I was on a bus on my way to work. There was one empty seat on the aisle side and the window side is dirty with spilled drinks. So I sat at the isle when a man boarded the bus and went to me and push me saying "Go in dah". I was shocked but thhought that it was someone I knew. But when I saw it was a stranger I just stood up and gave him my seat. That's not the end of it. He was nagging away like a chicken with diarrohea. I was contemplating if I should approach this guy when we reached the interchange but by the time we reached there I cooled down and not willing to let this incident spoil my day.

how old was he?

Thirty something. A real asshole.

jbma said:
Thirty something. A real asshole.

yeap. no doubt. REAL ASSHOLE. this people are ought to be shot dead.

I suppose the economy of Singapore and the working lifestyle of Singapore got some influence with the behaviors of people as well.

Last time Kampong days, all doors are wide open and people are greeted warm heartedly. Now, HDB all doors closed with locks and people talk coldly. They sometimes talk 'thru' the door while looking at you thru viewfinder.......

renegade said:
..Then the best part was when the lady replied (loudly too) ... "Aiya! How can I be more fierce then these Chinese people??!!!" ... yeah it's only then I realized the counter girl is Chinese. Damn! What's wrong with these people? Why are they so f damn proud of themselves? If they are so damn great, they wouldn't have to go queue and pay bills themselves, they should have maids or assistants etc to do so. :angry:
It's a sad case that alot of Singaporeans are still unaware of the emerging power of the China Chinese. Many of my friends still think we have the best among the region here.. eg best schools, best this-and-that.. It's probably true for now. I went to Shanghai a few years back. After that, I came home frightened and worried. Why? Those who went to Shanghai will probably felt that way too, especially those in the work-force now already. Sigh.

The One Child policy have turned the nationals of China to be highly aggressive, goal oriented, 'kiasu' and highly motivated. Although this policy is causing some problem to their society , it has no doubt boost the economic power of China

Bernard Ong said:
I was once making a phone call and accidentally pressed wrong number. I cancel the call without hearing the voice of the other party. After a short while, this guy called back my handphone and ask who i am. I told him i make a wrong number.
Haha.. my own experience. I called the wrong number, looking for "who-who", and the other party said in Hokkien, (without emotion), that the person that I'm looking for was dead, and I can go look for him in hell if urgent". Then he hang up. Damn silly guy.

that is why a Chinese official once commanded that Singaporeans are proud and arrogance...and that the seatwarmer Goh actually came out to defend his country men. This better-than-you altitude is the and-result of the Singapore government push to be world nos 1 in everything.

eric69 said:
It's a sad case that alot of Singaporeans are still unaware of the emerging power of the China Chinese. Many of my friends still think we have the best among the region here.. eg best schools, best this-and-that.. It's probably true for now. I went to Shanghai a few years back. After that, I came home frightened and worried. Why? Those who went to Shanghai will probably felt that way too, especially those in the work-force now already. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.