Any restrictions on wedding photoshoot at public places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerald

Dec 17, 2007
Bukit Gombak
www.xbklhub.com
To prepare our wedding, I and my fiance wanted to take more wedding photos on our own other than the studio shoots.

Are there any constraints or restrictions if we just personally go down to some public parks and places of interests and taking photos wearing wedding gowns and suits?

For example, I go to sentosa or fort canoning park and do our own wedding shoots, will the staff there stops us because we are not shooting normal casual shots but wedding shot?

Thanks for any enlightening! :D

if you are a male, you can't go into the female public toilet to shoot. vice versa

Fort canning and any parks are fine, any wedding couples are free to shoot, unless you are enter restricted areas, or set up a few lightings on stands while shooting.

all private properties, commercial buildings, shopping malls, hotels are not allow you to take wedding photos even it is your own wedding, unless you have a written permission by the management.

Fort canning and any parks are fine, any wedding couples are free to shoot, unless you are enter restricted areas, or set up a few lightings on stands while shooting.

all private properties, commercial buildings, shopping malls, hotels are not allow you to take wedding photos even it is your own wedding, unless you have a written permission by the management.

Since Sentosa Island is a private property, must I get written permission in order to do wedding photo shoots there? Or I can just go along since it's a tourism place?

Since Sentosa Island is a private property, must I get written permission in order to do wedding photo shoots there? Or I can just go along since it's a tourism place?
You can take wedding photos in most area in Sentosa, The "hai zhi" tree, the beaches, many people has already done that, no bride get kick out Sentosa yet.

Places like Chime (opposite Raffles City). You would need a permit to shoot inside.

At Canning Park, the security guards are very friendly towards photographers. Tried there many times on different things like weddings, cosplays, fashion etc. Heck one even let us shoot after closing hours of the bunker and told us to close the door after we're done.
As for other places like Sentosa of course, but just be prepared to oblige for snapshots and become a tourist attraction. The suspension bridge, equator point, tree in golf course, small patch of trees opposite of pahlawan beach, etc are good places even the cafes but you might get kicked out if you overdo it for too long.

At Canning Park, the security guards are very friendly towards photographers. Tried there many times on different things like weddings, cosplays, fashion etc. Heck one even let us shoot after closing hours of the bunker and told us to close the door after we're done.
As for other places like Sentosa of course, but just be prepared to oblige for snapshots and become a tourist attraction. The suspension bridge, equator point, tree in golf course, small patch of trees opposite of pahlawan beach, etc are good places even the cafes but you might get kicked out if you overdo it for too long.

OT: Just out of curiosity, which cosplay photoshoot did you do at Fort Canning Park? ;p

In Singapore, most of the venues do not have restriction if it's outdoor. As mentioned, most of these restrictions come about when you shoot it within the building itself and each hotel have their own policies when it comes to these.

Compared to other countries, we are pretty lucky in a sense because there's far more restriction in places like Australia and they do charge you a fee if you're to do a shoot even in some botanical gardens that has free entry. On top of that, they only allow like 30 minute slot that you have to book 1 month in advance.

One of the makeup artists that I work a lot with just came back from Phillippines and he was telling me how authorities will come after you when you're shooting outside a church, that is rightfully a public area.

You can take wedding photos in most area in Sentosa, The "hai zhi" tree, the beaches, many people has already done that, no bride get kick out Sentosa yet.

Except Sentosa Cove, was kick out once many years back, when the land was for sale then
(before the buildings were up). Not sure about it now.

Seems the safe zones in all the public areas are more than sufficient for our need. Will probably not tend to shoot inside any buildings or restricted areas.

Thanks all you folks for the suggestion! :D

To prepare our wedding, I and my fiance wanted to take more wedding photos on our own other than the studio shoots.

Are there any constraints or restrictions if we just personally go down to some public parks and places of interests and taking photos wearing wedding gowns and suits?

For example, I go to sentosa or fort canoning park and do our own wedding shoots, will the staff there stops us because we are not shooting normal casual shots but wedding shot?

Thanks for any enlightening! :D

Are you sure you want to take yourself? Its no joke wearing suit and gown under the hot sun and going places, let alone take your own picture.

I remember my wife and I were shacked out during our photoshoot.

Try to engage someone for the shoot ba... otherwise chances are that both of you will find it so tough and not enjoy it at all.

Dunno if yours falls under commercial photography:

http://www.sbg.org.sg/visitorinfo/usesofgarden.asp
No, for TS, is clearly personal usage, none commercial.

anyway, I did make enquiry how they define as commercial photography sometime ago, cause I will have paying customers want to have their portrait done there, so I need to know must I get clearance before I shoot.

the reply given to me is if you set up more than one "tripod" for the shoot, it will consider as commercial photography. (they refer lighting stands as tripod)

Hmm, so if only got 1 for the camera is non-commercial. Is great, thanks! :D Far better than the big camera = commercial type of definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.