any restaurant with a nice view to recommend in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryansimon

Dec 19, 2007
Quahog, Rhode Island
assume this fact: I'm looking to impress somebody and some people who are from out of town.

the first restaurant of such a criteria that came to mind was Equinox at Westin, but apart from that place, are there any recommendations?

it has to offer a nice view of Singapore, or a decent view at the very least. and preferably somewhere with a high vantage point. hence, the impression part.

any ideas anyone?

- French restaurant in botanical gardens

- Saw some restaurants on Mount Faber at the cable car station - haven't tried them as was passing thru

If you're looking for a theme - there is cable car dining again starts from Mt Faber cable car station.....

.....okay for an impression.....a walk along the Henderson Wave to Mt Faber cable car station.....and then to dine on a cable car....or otherwise just go for one of the restaurants with a view....think there is a ship restaurant as well......

Last edited:
assume this fact: I'm looking to impress somebody and some people who are from out of town.

the first restaurant of such a criteria that came to mind was Equinox at Westin, but apart from that place, are there any recommendations?

it has to offer a nice view of Singapore, or a decent view at the very least. and preferably somewhere with a high vantage point. hence, the impression part.

any ideas anyone?

Prima revolving restaurant. near the sentosa entry

Equinox is nice

KHA at Hort park has a decent view.

any ideas anyone?

Perhaps can share with us what the purpose/objective will be?

so which one did you pick?.....and can we come....we'll help you and the one you're trying to impress remember the day with lots of shooting
lol :bsmilie:

He just asking recommendation for a good view restaurant.

Prima revolving restaurant. near the sentosa entry

Yeah, I second that recommendation.

Their specialty is the Peking Duck.

Although many people like to go there for Chinese Dim Sum in the morning.

The view is excellent and you can catch the views of the Vivo City, Sentosa.

Peach Garden, OCBC centre has a great view. Gr8 cantonese cuisine too.

how come no one recommended the Ferris Wheel aka singapore Flyer?

You may end up with a longer ride.:bsmilie:

how come no one recommended the Ferris Wheel aka singapore Flyer?

You may end up with a longer ride.:bsmilie:

Heard they now have 'specially prepared food' aka ration in case the wheel needs unplanned service. Is this put in practise now ?

Heard they now have 'specially prepared food' aka ration in case the wheel needs unplanned service. Is this put in practise now ?

"New emergency supplies will also be installed in the capsules and will include necessities such as water and glucose tablets, among others"

http://www.singaporeflyer.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=emailform&id=291&itemid=197

Anyway, do not be too optimistic the catered food will be good up there. I would prefer eating in a restaurant proper.

For a real nice view, try the compass rose restaurant.

No offense but I think 3in1c has a point.

If it's a business group the criteria would be different than say trying to impress potential future in-laws. If it's a group where the VVIP is say an outdoor fanatic, being shut in a swanky closed-up (read: stuffy) restaurant regardless of how high up it may be for a few hours may actually be torture for that person whereas in that situation, a restaurant set in a resplendant garden might be ideal even if it offers a lower vantage point.

Then there's food preferences and allergies to consider.

So it's not only objectives, but also the make-up of the group you're trying to impress.

All the best for your mission! ;)

Hai Tien lo @ Pan Pacific Hotel is quite good too :)

thanks very much for the suggestions folks!

turns out my presence was enough for an impression. ;p

closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.