Any regular who pump petrol at JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL1500k

Apr 14, 2004
Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?

Please share your experience, any safe timing where Sg Custom won't check the meter?

I thought its a random check? :bsmilie:

I travel in-out daily, noticed the check had decreased tremendously, but don't try your luck! I had friend really kena fine!! Not worth at all.....
Unless your car runs both petrol & gas, then is worth to travel to JB to pump when gas empty & petrol at 3/4 tank.

No safe timing... it's totally random...

I think the fine is 400 bucks for first time and it's random. I've seen Mercedes as well as a 15 year old Mazda got caught before. Some jokers are even more funnier. They left their tank so empty and when faced with an unexpected jam, their car stall. Getting caught this way was a no brainer. Any way, you actually have the answers to your own question, just be prepared to pay the fine when you get caught. 2nd timer may need to go to court. FYI. :)

go workshop.. do trick on your meter.

totally random unless you are being tipped off...

I think the fine is 400 bucks for first time and it's random. I've seen Mercedes as well as a 15 year old Mazda got caught before. Some jokers are even more funnier. They left their tank so empty and when faced with an unexpected jam, their car stall. Getting caught this way was a no brainer. Any way, you actually have the answers to your own question, just be prepared to pay the fine when you get caught. 2nd timer may need to go to court. FYI. :)

First timer fine $50, after paying u not allowed to cross e bridge, u need to pump 3/4 tank before u cross :bsmilie:

last time they always have sm one to check meter. Nowadays they quite lax, random checks only..
Don do e meter trick, confiscate ur vehicle if caught huh.. :nono::nono:

got money to buy car no money to pump petrol? :think:

Why do they check? Are you not allowed to pump at JB?
Is it like the bus fill up Diesel when it arrives in France rather than filling up in UK? Cheaper?

Why do they check? Are you not allowed to pump at JB?
Is it like the bus fill up Diesel when it arrives in France rather than filling up in UK? Cheaper?

Adam,
are you Singaporean? We have a rule here that you need 3/4 tank of fuel in your car before you cross the causeway/border to Malaysia. It is so that the government here does not lose out on the taxes on fuel here.

Adam,
are you Singaporean? We have a rule here that you need 3/4 tank of fuel in your car before you cross the causeway/border to Malaysia. It is so that the government here does not lose out on the taxes on fuel here.

I am not Singaporean, thank you very much for explaining to me :)

got money to buy car no money to pump petrol? :think:
People got money buy pro camera also try to buy lenses from USA or Hong Kong instead of from Singapore - same kind of mentality...

People got money buy pro camera also try to buy lenses from USA or Hong Kong instead of from Singapore - same kind of mentality...

who dun want to save $? buy lenses from overseas is legit, modifying oil tank indicator to evade taxes is illegal...:sweat:

u seem to forget the phrase, u need to be lucky everytime but the customs officer just need to be lucky once...is the savings worth the risk of being fined, criminal record etc? u decide.

my 2 cts worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.