any recommendations for OTG hard drive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
hello,

anyone has any recommendation for On the Go (OTG) hard drive that i can plug in CF cards or USB device and it has its power source.

i've heard many on compactDrive, but is there any other alternative brands too ?

tx.

:)

CompactDrive PD70x. It rocks! I've been using it and it's very reliable. Takes CF/SD/MMC/MS etc.

u mean those that copy the whole memory card into the hdd and delete those in the card?

Nixvue Digital Album Lite. I have been using it for some time now. No errors or crashes so far.

Turn on.
Press "copy"
Then "verify"
Then "power off"

Simple.

However, I think the modern OTGs' batteries last longer then my Nixvue Digital Album Lite. typically 2-3 of 1gb CF cards before it goes to from 4 bars to 1 bar indicator of the battery.

Stick with the CompactDrive PD70x, been using it so far, great for fast backups.

$79 for the casing? With MP3 player? Wow....That's cheap. But hey....the specs did not specify any CF/SD slot. So, it is better to see for yourself up close.

I bought my Vosonic II+ 2160 casing (and w/o MP3 player) for $125 at Funan after my PD7X died on me for no reason. So far so good.

Madmax said:
$79 for the casing? With MP3 player? Wow....That's cheap. But hey....the specs did not specify any CF/SD slot. So, it is better to see for yourself up close.

I bought my Vosonic II+ 2160 casing (and w/o MP3 player) for $125 at Funan after my PD7X died on me for no reason. So far so good.

went to chamoxa to check it out.

it's actually a external hard disk drive that's comes with a external power pack for AA batteries. it has a copy function, so when you plug in any usb device or say yr card reader with CF card, ut can copy directly.

i've also see some drive that requires an external power source eg an elect power plug.

saw another product :
http://consus.com.sg/productmm00002.html

anyone can advise what would be a good OTG product wherby i can download photos without laptop. i'm wondering if those external hdd drive in sls can work, instead of a CompactDrive.

:D

Madmax said:
I am using this. As I said...so far so good.

i couldn't find this is sls, may i know where you bot this and how much $

myclara said:
i couldn't find this is sls, may i know where you bot this and how much $

Someone pm me he bought it for $119 at ROYALE COMPUTER, Funan #05-03.

I bought it at $125 at Funan. I just happen to pop by and cannot remember the name of the shop. So mine costs $6 more, which is acceptable for my forgetfulness :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.