Any recommendations for a SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

Jan 24, 2003
Bedok Reservoir
Visit site
Hi, just wondering which SLR camera would be good for a newbie like me to start with? Currently using a digital camera, but realised that the sharpness is not there as compared to film...

rochkoh

Feb 8, 2002
Under your skin
Visit site
Well, lets start with your budget. How much do you intend to spend? Now and say within a space of 3 years?

I started with a $1000 budget. But over the last 3 years, have invested over $5K in an assortment of lenses, flashes, filters, tripods, bags etc.

When your getting an SLR, you're investing in a system. Not one camera. So you might want to also consider the extendability of your investment. i.e. can your lenses/flashes/filters etc be re-used if you were to move to a DSLR?

regards,
rOCh

Originally posted by Edwin
Hi, just wondering which SLR camera would be good for a newbie like me to start with? Currently using a digital camera, but realised that the sharpness is not there as compared to film...

Originally posted by Edwin
Work out the following for a rough guide to what type of SLR that you plan to purchase:

1. Budget. (first-hand/second-hand)
2. Preferred brand. (Canon, Nikon, Minolta)
3. What you photograph.
4. Read camera reviews of the Brand/model that you have in mind.
5. Try out the camera if your friends have it.
6. Find out the camera specifications before purchasing.

Happy shopping.

:D

Apr 11, 2002
u n k n o w n
Visit site
In your situation, my suggestion will be:

Nikon F80 or
Canon EOS 30/33.

It depends on which system you want to follow in the future. You won't go wrong if you choose either one. Nikon is more "classic". Canon has the latest technology. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom