Any recommendation on shooting fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spazzer

May 5, 2007
BUKIT PANJANG
like the appeture and shutter speed?
i noe most people would recommend bulb mode but i do not have a tripod so how?

dun shoot...

1. Then buy a tripod?

2. Or if you really want to shoot... handheld at the longest possible shutter speed you can handle without shake. But the result won't be very nice. Which brings me back to point 1.

No tripod then don waste time to shoot fireworks.. Just sit down, relax and enjoy the fireworks :)

Do a search. This has been mentioned before... if no tripod, you can still shoot, via high shutter speeds and a small aperture, you just capture the bursts as it appears, not the whole process of fire, bloom, etc...

mebbie considering to get a tripod or monopod to do the job?

Tripod must have for fireworks
best is get a remote too
use bulb mode ISO 100 F...er...last time i used 8 or 11 cant remember
with remote in bulb mode you have more control
Or else you can set it to maybe 5 or 6 secs and keep firing i guess:sweat:

1st thing get a tripod, no tripod, not worth shooting for me.

Once u have a tripod, (if you have no add ons or remote and just shooting frm the camera), make it to self timer mode , high f (f15- f22 etc) and shutter speed 30 secs to make "paint" the picture.

Oh and camera cant focus in the sky because there is no contrast there, so switch to manual focusing and put it to the middle of the infinity sympol. you will see the number 8 lying down.

You MUST include landscape filling up maximum of 1/8 at the bottom of the picture to show the "size" of the fireworks, if not the picture woukld be of no sense

To me , tripod and black card is must have for firework shoot. Without them, u can still try w0rking on high iso, and continuous shoot thru the sequence, and hopefully u get a good catch. Desperate measure for desperate situation.:D

try putting your camera on the ground, table, or something ... and put maybe something under the lens to tilt it to get the scene you want...

A bit cheapo, but it's a good budget way of doing it. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.