any recommendation on lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekiang

Jan 15, 2007
hi,

i am currently using the kit lens for eos 400d and find a constraint of getting a much closer take on the subject.

i like to get a lens...which can let me take a closer pic of my subject...so anyone got any recommendation?

and cna give me the price and where to get one cheap??

thanks

cheekiang

u're new and don't wish to spend a bomb yet right?

28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM
75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM

or third party lenses.

or u can get 18-200 from eg. sigma..

they are all good lens with proper usage.

hi,

thanks for the recommendation....

so roughly how much are those lens?

you are right...i already spend all my savings on my camera, bag, filter, dry box etc..so wana get a cheaper kind of lens...

chee kiang

hi,

thanks for the recommendation....

so roughly how much are those lens?

you are right...i already spend all my savings on my camera, bag, filter, dry box etc..so wana get a cheaper kind of lens...

chee kiang

u can look at the price guide at canon

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=131801&page=20

do homework!

look for the best focal length that you wish to have. try at shops. rent. borrow. or ask opinions from our CS community.

get a 70-200 IS little less than 3k ba...

closer = macro range? or longer focal length? both bring you closer to the subject.

Hi all... planning to buy eos400 too as a beginner usuage... the store guy recommend me buy the body oni + Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR. How is this lens?

What is the limitation of this lens? What type of scenerio is more suitable for this type of "general" len & scenerio not suitable for it?

Thanks.

Hi all... planning to buy eos400 too as a beginner usuage... the store guy recommend me buy the body oni + Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR. How is this lens?

What is the limitation of this lens? What type of scenerio is more suitable for this type of "general" len & scenerio not suitable for it?

Thanks.

thats a very good walkabout lens. dont need to change lens. but as for the lens usage im not sure cause i havent own that copy before. :sweatsm:

hi,

i went to see the price...but they are really expensive...

my budget should be less than 200-300, even less...any other brands which are above average and yet cheaper than canon's ones???

chee kiang

hi,

my budget should be less than 200-300, even less...any other brands which are above average and yet cheaper than canon's ones???

chee kiang
tamron 70-300 ($250+/-)
sigma 70-300 ($320+/-)

hi,

chee kiang

Suggest u go to B&S corner and sought for used 3 party lens

about the canon 75-300.

its cheap for the focal length range but i feel it isnt a good lens. build quality is questionable [it rattles when shaken] and pic quality quite mediocre.. used that lens before and i didnt like it..

but then again, for its price, its a good buy la.

I suppose you want a macro lens for 'closer' focusing.

Canon has three macro offerings, the EF-S 60mm, EF 100mm and EF 180mm.

As these aren't really cheap lenses, it would be a good idea to rent the lenses before commiting to a purchase.

The EF 100mm doubles up as a medium telephoto lens.

Macro lens is not cheap.. usually > $500 for new and used one can get slightly below new price.

Check out the buy and sell section and good luck :)

i think the Sigma 70-300 f/4-5.6 APO Macro should be good. at 200 to 300mm range, you get a switch to do macro of up to 1:2 magnification. produces pretty sharp pictures at widest aperture.

and it's cheap! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.