any recommendation on lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekiang

Jan 15, 2007
hi,

just bought the eros 400d...wondering if the kit lens is sufficient to take good pictures?

i read review that the kit lens is disappointing...though i not sure why since i have no idea about lens and just start learning digital photography...

anyway have any recommendation which one is good? heard 17mm-85mm is good...but not sure....

please advise..

thanks

chee kiang
canon ixus 850
canon eros 400d

If you don't know why it's disappointing... or don't find it disappointing... then you probably wouldn't need a upgrade anyway :) Learn more and practice more! In time you will realise what is missing and how you are being limited by the cam/lens shortcomings, and upgrade accordingly instead of just going out to buy the "best deal, sharpest, or whatever" lens.

If you don't know why it's disappointing... or don't find it disappointing... then you probably wouldn't need a upgrade anyway :) Learn more and practice more! In time you will realise what is missing and how you are being limited by the cam/lens shortcomings, and upgrade accordingly instead of just going out to buy the "best deal, sharpest, or whatever" lens.
Sound advice!...;)

To TS, heed the advice. Just practise using your existing set-up first. Expensive and heavy lenses won't help you if you do not know the basics of photography.

Of course, with lots of people like you weho think that they need to buy lenses to get that perfect shot, it helps the 2nd hand market. That's the reason why so many lense are on sale at the B&S forum, as they buy first without thinking and then sell it due to lack of funds.

Of course, if you are a collector, then go ahead and BBB...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.