Any recommendation on basic photography lesson

photographerlover

Jul 12, 2016
Singapore
Hi all,

Do you know of any basic photography course? I'm learning photography & am looking at taking a course. My budget is below $50.
Thanks in advance!

There is no course under $50.
Those under $50 course are one day course to teach senior citizens how to use internet or smartphone. Even courses teach children to draw are cost more than $50.

Go National Library to borrow some basic photography books and read it on your own, National Library membership is free for all citizen and PR.

At that budget, you're gonna have to invest some of your own time to learn on your own.

You can learn through reading, YouTube videos and going out there and experimenting with various settings on your camera.

btw, you can learn how to use a camera in 2 hours, but you can't learn photography in 2 hours. is life long learning.

so take your time, find a basic photography book and read it, build a solid foundation first.

If your learning style is aural / kinestic like me, I find that it's easiest to attend a course & afterwards use photography books to supplement what you have learn (just personal experience). The main national library near Bugis has a number of photography books. Remember to go out to shoot too like what others mention.

The courses tend not to be cheap (beyond $50). One page listing I found online is: http://sgtravelinfo.com/services/best-5-photography-courses-in-singapore-for-shutterbugs/

For your budget, I saw this on Peatix which are happening this Saturday 16 July:
- Basic photog course http://ptix.co/1TVNqRg ($12 - $24)
- Intro to basic photoshop workshop http://ptix.co/1PyFzHi ($20 - $40)

Hi all,

Do you know of any basic photography course? I'm learning photography & am looking at taking a course. My budget is below $50.
Thanks in advance!

I can teach you regarding the basic & intermediate photography details. From there you can develop on your own by shooting more. 3 to 4 hour session. I charge 50 dollars.
If you are interested. send me private message or whatsapp 9777 4716.Thanks.

Last edited:
TS

Did you buy your camera new? If so, there should be free workshop included in the purchase.

You don't have to spend money for basic photography.
you can learn it through online and if there's anything just go with them and learn from other people.
keep on practice :) ! save the money for good meal.

I learnt my photography through magazines and YouTube few years ago..from using P mode till I'm now in tuned with using manual at ease...countless of hours of practicing...spend more time shooting.less time editing

Yeah, the cheapest way is to buy a book on Amazon or watch/read tutorials online. I've no formal lessons and I think my skills are getting better than the pros by absorbing everything on the internet. :)

Last edited:
Youtube is actually your best resource to learn. Even for photoshop and lightroom.

I learnt LR starting from a site called Lightroom killer tips, youtube videos and just tinkering with the software. Photoshop is a lot more involved with layers and masking and a lot of other jazz. But if you can think of something, and key in the right search words, you will not have any trouble finding anything on youtube.

Yeah, the cheapest way is to buy a book on Amazon or watch/read tutorials online. I've no formal lessons and I think my skills are getting better than the pros by absorbing everything on the internet. :)

Really? our pro graphics designers are flying when using PS... can't even see what they are doing when they are doing it...

Pretty bold statement you're making there.

Practice is key. Keep shooting, look at others' works. From there, observe and deduce what works and what doesn't.
Watch youtube on LR, PS and work alongside and get the hang of it. There's no point if u watch everything but don't practice.
Keep practicing and it will become second nature to u.