Not open for further replies.
chengsing said:
Any good ones? ;)

Photography Monthly-retail $10.50 :thumbsup:

or American Photographer -retail $14

on budget, can go for Amateur Photographer -retail $8.00

bobotto said:
Interesting.
U guys happen to know where I can get hold of these?

- Bob

capture about $8 at borders
PDN about $25 at borders, but at $16 at brasbasah, bashir
colors about $10 at bashir

I stopped looking at "american photography", becoming quite lousy liaoz.... or at least they are concentrating on stuff that does not interest me.. like celebrity photography and stuff.

Wah, super fast reply man Rueyloon!

Actually I'm quite interested in fashion too.
Only problem is I have not stepped in a studio, before today's Offstone PIO.

Do you happen to have any reccomendation to what books/mags would be a good start to see how different lighting setups can alter the mood of the shots?

- Bob

bobotto said:
Do you happen to have any reccomendation to what books/mags would be a good start to see how different lighting setups can alter the mood of the shots?

- Bob

I've not bought any, but those "pro-series" or something series of books looks kinda interesting... and there are also many series out there where they give step by step and also a diagram now they create shots.. just go bashir or borders to search for them

rueyloon said:
I've not bought any, but those "pro-series" or something series of books looks kinda interesting... and there are also many series out there where they give step by step and also a diagram now they create shots.. just go bashir or borders to search for them

Yeah, they sure look tempting yeah.
esp with those under dressed models!
haha

seriouly though, actually went to bashir earlier today.
and realised these books are really $$$!

haiz, still a struggling student lah.
You guys think any of the Library branch might carry them?

Even better, got any lobangs where I can play with these lights for a reasonable price. (Read cheap!)
:embrass:

- Bob

ps
I've just visited ur gallery.
truly an inspiration.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just bought backdated issue of Digital PHoto, from carkitfe.com, price at $8 for an issue which list price is $16.90. Comes with comprehensive CD that guides you thru various tutorials with each issue.

personally, I feel there's so much material online, try to exhaust them first. unless you prefer to read magazines in ya own leisure

I agree with Foo...Here in Canada, a popular mag is Practical Photography, published in the U.K. I find that it gives the advice that I'm looking for and doesn't place so much emphasis on adverts in the back. Man, I hate those adverts. All it does is make me drool. :bsmilie:

bought practical photography.. quite a good read includes a section call digital photography

chengsing said:
bought practical photography.. quite a good read includes a section call digital photography

my fav!
i was wondering if there's any place we can subscribe... so afraid to miss any issues every month man....

I have tried...oh how I have tried to get info on subscriptions...They're very difficult to find on the web. I've even sent Will Cheung (the editor in chief) an e-mail, but no response as he was away on a shoot for an article in the magazine. I hope the price is better, because my local bookstore charges $10 an issue. Ouch.

I've subscribed to Photographic, Popular Photography and Shutterbug online..... mainly because these US publications are much cheaper with subscriptions (UK ones are not much cheaper).

Status
Not open for further replies.