any recommend shop for Canon/Nikon Lens in Tokyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagletay

Nov 20, 2006
SengKang, Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi,
I may be dropping in tokyo for a short trip....I am sure some of brothers have been shopping for lens in toyko.;)

As time is short over there, just to find out if there is any preference shops :think: (name of shop/location) for lens? Is there any things to look :bigeyes: out for?:dunno:

Please advise...:cool:

dunno if it's too late. Actually i think this infor has been discussed before.

You can try the bigger electronic outlets like Big Camera OR Yodobashi. They have quite a few retail shops around. I think any japanese would be able to direct you to the nearest one (esp with their i-mode cellphones.. haha). You can check out their prices online first.

If you're a die-hard.. you can try out akihabara district known for their electronics.

big camera, one train station away from tokyo station, cant remember name, the shop is right next to the station. prices out of tokyo cheaper though

try going to akihabara, u will have many choices like yodobashi, laox and big. they have cameras + electronics.

alternatively, u can try shinjuku where u can find yodobashi and big + food + shopping.

i personally find camera stuff more expensive in japan (even though many think otherwise) but do your homework in singapore and compare prices.

big camera, one train station away from tokyo station, cant remember name, the shop is right next to the station. prices out of tokyo cheaper though

Yurakucho? That BIC is pretty good!

You should also check out Map Camera which is near Yodobashi at Shinjuku. They offer good tax-free, no frills prices.

Shinjuku area. walk around the area. there are also a few small retailers with their collection of items.

MAP camera at Shinjuku is great and has fantastic prices, especially for third party lenses.

Thanks Bro...
Have u heard about 'Fuji Camera' Shop?

yup. Fujiya is pretty good also, located at Nakano station along the JR line. do check out their used camera section as well...

Oops...Nara is well too far for me...:sweat:
I will search again...for camera shops in tokyo

just return, I vow for Map Camera, cheapest so far & better service then other big chains mentioned. But I do have little problem finding them at first, PM me if you need detail direction since I took so photos on direction from JR station to help other CSers

Ask for tax free & they do it stright aways & can use Credit card too.. with yen falling & falling .. BBB

I find that MAP give good prices for new cameras / lenses, but their used stuff are not that attractively priced. Fujiya's prices for used stuff are so far the best that I have seen so far.

FYI, I saw a Fuji S3 Pro going for S$1.1K and a Nikon D2H selling for S$1.4K at Fujiya, both of which are almost 10/10 condition. And Fujiya gives 6 months warranty on their used stuff.

i would also recommend MAP camera for used cameras.

would any of u guys know where the used CONTAX shop is in shinjuku?

Nakano is at tokyo....i believe.
u are right...it @ tokyo...
:embrass:

just return, I vow for Map Camera, cheapest so far & better service then other big chains mentioned. But I do have little problem finding them at first, PM me if you need detail direction since I took so photos on direction from JR station to help other CSers

Ask for tax free & they do it stright aways & can use Credit card too.. with yen falling & falling .. BBB

from the web, it seems that Map Camera is on west entrance of shinjuku station...correct me if I am wrong.

Do u have any photo on the front of shop?...u know lah....all japanese signboard: Map Camera = '$#%#%^&*' :sweat:

Hear that if we pay in cash (with passport shown), we are able to get instant 5% discount/tax rebate....is this true:dunno: ?

u are right...it @ tokyo...
:embrass:

from the web, it seems that Map Camera is on west entrance of shinjuku station...correct me if I am wrong.

Do u have any photo on the front of shop?...u know lah....all japanese signboard: Map Camera = '$#%#%^&*' :sweat:

Hear that if we pay in cash (with passport shown), we are able to get instant 5% discount/tax rebate....is this true:dunno: ?

The sign for Map Camera is in english. You walk pass yodobashi then u find a small door...with Map Camera written on it. Then proceed to take the stairs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.