any recomendation for cheapest shipping fee from USA to SG

artbox

Mar 24, 2007
Compassvale H
I was quoted USD$30+ (the cheapest) for a small item (flash bracket) which I think is very expensive. the shipping cost was slightly more then the item itself. any recomendation from Cser here..?
TIA.

Last edited:
Ever hear of vpost? Or try a search for "ordering from usa" and start reading...

heard. it will cost almost the same with lots of trouble to go thru. I don't use it anymore. tq

heard. it will cost almost the same with lots of trouble to go thru. I don't use it anymore. tq

Then you have your answer. Only thing cheaper is for someone to bring to you from the states if they're on vacation.

Then you have your answer. Only thing cheaper is for someone to bring to you from the states if they're on vacation.
They should be other way.. will wait.. for other referal tq.

USD 30 is cheap for shipping, but that's why most of us will order more than just a flash bracket. Why couldn't you get it here or order from HK?

I second Borderlinx. Fast and good shipping collaboration by Citibank and DHL. Just make sure your shipper states clearly your Suite Number at Borderlinx and preferably uses shipping with tracking number to your US address with Borderlinx.

I was quoted USD$30+ (the cheapest) for a small item (flash bracket) which I think is very expensive. the shipping cost was slightly more then the item itself. any recomendation from Cser here..?
TIA.

which bracket so rare that you cannot get in singapore? It might be as easy as posting the pic on other section of this forum and asking...
I seldom find any camera thingy overseas that i cannot find here ( ok, unless u are talking about the NSC polaroid back for Mamiya 7 or something like tat) but even so, If u wait long enuff it will pop up in the b&s or u can find it at one of those camera shop somewhere..

if you have not place your order, find someone order some stuffs from the same site, than ship to SG together so you both can co-share the shipping cost.

It's $30 USD and the item is $35 USD.
Other recomendation please..
if you have not place your order, find someone order some stuffs from the same site, than ship to SG together so you both can co-share the shipping cost.

which bracket so rare that you cannot get in singapore? It might be as easy as posting the pic on other section of this forum and asking...
I seldom find any camera thingy overseas that i cannot find here ( ok, unless u are talking about the NSC polaroid back for Mamiya 7 or something like tat) but even so, If u wait long enuff it will pop up in the b&s or u can find it at one of those camera shop somewhere..

Tq bro.. I'm asking for recomendation on shipping. Also in case I need to get other items.. not only the bracket. Do you hv any to share...? TIA ;)

The most commonly used methods would be Borderlinx, shared postage with other items, and the crappy Vpost. Seems like nothing works for you. If you do not have any friends returning from the States, then I guess you just have to bite the bullet and pay your USD 30 which equates to about SGD40.

Else, go get a Citi CC and start a Borderlinx account. I think it only takes about 2-3 weeks for processing, the borderlinx basic shipping is about SGD20. Not to mention the freebies for signing up CC, not sure whats the promo now.

Factor in the cost of US shipping to your Borderlinx address, probably you are saving only SGD$10-$20 . Even if your US shipping is free for US address, you are saving SGD20, with Borderlinx shipping.

Tq bro.. I'm asking for recomendation on shipping. Also in case I need to get other items.. not only the bracket. Do you hv any to share...? TIA ;)

Everything we tell you, you don't want. We tell you it's already cheap, you don't want to listen. We tell you there's something cheap if you use a certain CC, you also complain. There is no point talking to you, your mind and ears are shut to the truth. :thumbsd:

I don't hv CitiBank Card.

I used Vpost before, recently using Comgateway, since I don't have CitiBank Card.

buy a few more items from same shop, so the shipping cost is not so high if average out per item.

or if you have friends in that country and coming to SG soon, you can ship the item to him for bring it back to you.

Everything we tell you, you don't want. We tell you it's already cheap, you don't want to listen. We tell you there's something cheap if you use a certain CC, you also complain. There is no point talking to you, your mind and ears are shut to the truth. :thumbsd:

Bro, why you so angry.. I ask and it's open to public not to a person. I did say tq to you and others what..? :dunno: I never complain bro.. What you said I already tried, so here is a place to ask for alternative what..? you don't like you don't hv to reply or refer lah..
I'm nuetral and hv no negative thinking abt your referal or from others.. if there arent any it's ok.. whats wrong with me asking..? ;)

I used Vpost before, recently using Comgateway, since I don't have CitiBank Card.

buy a few more items from same shop, so the shipping cost is not so high if average out per item.

or if you have friends in that country and coming to SG soon, you can ship the item to him for bring it back to you.
Thanks CatchLights

The most commonly used methods would be Borderlinx, shared postage with other items, and the crappy Vpost. Seems like nothing works for you. If you do not have any friends returning from the States, then I guess you just have to bite the bullet and pay your USD 30 which equates to about SGD40.

Else, go get a Citi CC and start a Borderlinx account. I think it only takes about 2-3 weeks for processing, the borderlinx basic shipping is about SGD20. Not to mention the freebies for signing up CC, not sure whats the promo now.

Factor in the cost of US shipping to your Borderlinx address, probably you are saving only SGD$10-$20 . Even if your US shipping is free for US address, you are saving SGD20, with Borderlinx shipping.
Thanks bro..