Any recent visitors to Phuket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
would be going soon for a short trip. do you have any good places to recommend for picture taking, massage, food and shopping?

also are there're any activities (e.g. island hopping) or areas that should be avioded?

shopping wise u can hit the pasar malam of patong beach. i would say it's 70-80% recovered, altho the 1st row of shops facing the sea is still in ruins. or u can hit the shopping centers in phuket town (robinsons and ocean). i remember there's another big shopping center built near phuket town but i didnt go in when i passed it.

food is all over the place, no worries there. even hotels serve affordable food. diamond cottage spa resort at karon/kata beach serves good carbonara at 4 bux per serving.

massage is all over the place too, esp at patong beach. should be around 200-400 baht for 2hr thai massage.

not much activities there. the beaches are clean now after the wave, esp karon beach. then there's the sunset viewpoint at promthep cape. do take the effort to walk down the trail to the tip of the island from the viewpoint.

KC,

I'm going on the 26th...when are u going?

Interested to shoot the situation there also.... :)

Clown, thanks for your recommendations :)

Petf69, going this coming weekend ;p took advantage of the silkair promo.

Well... i know Banyan tree phuket have promo.. i think it's US$200/night for villa. Stay 2 night 3rd night free.. Normally, 400-600US/n

While you are there, can join Coral Seekers for their snorkelling trip..... I went there with my wife (gf then) in July'03? and we enjoyed it as we chartered a speedboat for 2 of us...

that sounds good. I chose a cheaper location though ;p Previously, Standchart had a promo with SA Tours, $388 for 3D2N Banyan Tree Phuket with airfare but I missed it.

hmm... how to sign up with Coral Seekers? could I do it with the many tour agencies around the place?

mpenza said:
that sounds good. I chose a cheaper location though ;p Previously, Standchart had a promo with SA Tours, $388 for 3D2N Banyan Tree Phuket with airfare but I missed it.

hmm... how to sign up with Coral Seekers? could I do it with the many tour agencies around the place?

Do give us a review when you are back. I am thinking of going there sometime in June. :)

I am going there end of the month.

jbma said:
I am going there end of the month.

Are there having a promo now? so many pple going. What is the expected budget for such a trip? Thanks.

Petf69 said:
KC,

I'm going on the 26th...when are u going?

Interested to shoot the situation there also.... :)

Hi Pet

if u r lucky, who knows u can do model shoot there.

Cheers

There's this All terrain vehicle course...think is 800baht for 30 mins... everything included

Give the go-kart a miss.. it's too expensive already.

There are some waterfalls around the island. Don't go. There's no water at the waterfall...

There's a pasar malam type market at 1 of the X junctions in the middle of town. It's always there. Their local market... Can give it a try. The food there not bad & very cheap. Lotsa varieties.

get Zebra stainless steel cooking utensils in phuket town shops. good quality. better prices there than here.

jeff49er said:
Hi Pet

if u r lucky, who knows u can do model shoot there.

Cheers

ha ha....sure will have lots of bikini models there to shoot :devil:

more at the go go bars. hehe.

xmen2003 said:
Do give us a review when you are back. I am thinking of going there sometime in June. :)
June seems to be a wet month coz IIRC, it's monsoon season by then. That gonna translate to choppy waters for you, if your visit happens to get washed off.

mpenza:

1. Avoid tiger shows ( not the animal ones, ok? :lovegrin: ).
2. Go for the Island Hopping Tour by Speedboat
3. Check out www.southsiam.net. An agent in Patong recommended their Phang Nga 3 in 1 tour to us then. Price-wise was great and the staff service excellent!

:Later,

AReality said:
There's this All terrain vehicle course...think is 800baht for 30 mins... everything included

Give the go-kart a miss.. it's too expensive already.

There are some waterfalls around the island. Don't go. There's no water at the waterfall...

Thanks! Had actually wanted to visit the waterfalls, now will give it a miss ;p

Thanks for all the recommendations! Anyone knows what's the rental rate for cars? thinking of driving around the place..... is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.