Any Quick Way to do this?


Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Guest
#1
Lets say I have 100 jpgs already resized to 4R printing size.

However, I want to print each of them only in half the 4R size (ie two images in a single 4R sheet, since its cheaper than asking the shop to print 2R).

Is there a quick way to resize the images and lay them one on top of the other vertically and then resave into a single 4R sized image?

Ie. JPG 1 and JPG 2 resized to half size; put one on top of the other so that both fits into a single 4R size print. Repeat for JPG3 and 4, 5 and 6, and so on.

Any ideas?
 

di0nysus

New Member
Jul 15, 2003
1,010
0
0
38
m
Visit site
#2
call the shop and ask if they'll do it for u?

gd luck bro, sounds tough, can't think of any automating way from PS
 

Jan 23, 2005
1,095
0
0
Singapore
#3
vince123123 said:
Lets say I have 100 jpgs already resized to 4R printing size.

However, I want to print each of them only in half the 4R size (ie two images in a single 4R sheet, since its cheaper than asking the shop to print 2R).

Is there a quick way to resize the images and lay them one on top of the other vertically and then resave into a single 4R sized image?

Ie. JPG 1 and JPG 2 resized to half size; put one on top of the other so that both fits into a single 4R size print. Repeat for JPG3 and 4, 5 and 6, and so on.
The aspect ratio changes when combining two 4R prints, so you either have to crop or to add margins. Apart from that, montage (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php#montage) seems to be a close to perfect fit for your requirements. It is free.
 

xl1

Senior Member
May 5, 2004
2,685
0
0
Under the Son
www.ubans.com
#4
vince123123 said:
Lets say I have 100 jpgs already resized to 4R printing size.

However, I want to print each of them only in half the 4R size (ie two images in a single 4R sheet, since its cheaper than asking the shop to print 2R).

Is there a quick way to resize the images and lay them one on top of the other vertically and then resave into a single 4R sized image?

Ie. JPG 1 and JPG 2 resized to half size; put one on top of the other so that both fits into a single 4R size print. Repeat for JPG3 and 4, 5 and 6, and so on.

Any ideas?
Use canon easyprint, it will automate to have 1, 2, 4. 9, or thumbnail, border or borderless in 4R size.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#5
Hmm is this freeware? Also, will it resave as new jpgs or can it only work as a send to print command. I need to have new jpgs as I'm sending to a shop to print.

xl1 said:
Use canon easyprint, it will automate to have 1, 2, 4. 9, or thumbnail, border or borderless in 4R size.
 

zod

New Member
Mar 30, 2003
1,279
0
0
#6
it can be done in ps cs
under batch menu
something about generate contact sheet

don't have ps cs with me now so can't guide you
 

Zplus

Senior Member
Mar 16, 2002
2,398
0
0
19
Some equitorial, tropical isle
#7
Yes!
Copy all the pictures into a word document page set up to 4R size.
One pic per page in landscape mode.

Then when you send to printer chose printer preference to portrait and 2 pages per piece of 4R.
:)
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#8
Hmm I need the output to be in jpg cos I'm sending it for shop print.

Zplus said:
Yes!
Copy all the pictures into a word document page set up to 4R size.
One pic per page in landscape mode.

Then when you send to printer chose printer preference to portrait and 2 pages per piece of 4R.
:)
 

Mezzotint

Senior Member
Dec 27, 2004
1,423
1
38
Balestier area
martinliew.zenfolio.com
#9
Well there's such Photoshop function called Action. The user of cuz has to pre-record every steps for the required foto-editing or resizing, etc. Just do a one-time editing and then all the user has to do is just click on the 'play' button and everything will be in automation. Give it a try! :)

Anyway hope my suggestion helps. It's the best solution I can think of out of Adobe Photoshop. Cheers mate!
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#10
For using action, you need a few goes, if you use contact sheet II, to generate 2 thumbnails on a piece of 4R is possible, I have done with 4 thumbnails, 12 thumbnails, 20 thumbnails on a piece of 4R print before

Hope this help

Btw, you mention you are not pleased with the result of OYAMA laminating film, care to elaborate more?
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#11
I'm using PS 7.0 - will check to see if there's any contact list function.

The reason why Actions won't work in my case is because what I thought is Actions work on every single file in a folder. What I need is for the action to take the first and second file, combine. take 3 and 4, combine. take 5 and 6, combine. Not aware that the actions can be used to select files in this manner.

Unless of course, I keep dragging 2 files a time into a folder, run the action, then take the 2 out and put the next 2 in. When you have a few hundred, this gets tedious.

Mezzotint said:
Well there's such Photoshop function called Action. The user of cuz has to pre-record every steps for the required foto-editing or resizing, etc. Just do a one-time editing and then all the user has to do is just click on the 'play' button and everything will be in automation. Give it a try! :)

Anyway hope my suggestion helps. It's the best solution I can think of out of Adobe Photoshop. Cheers mate!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.