Any Queen fans here?


Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#1
Been listening to their songs recently...used to remember by their 'We are the Champions'...but now realized they got so many other songs like 'Somebody to love', 'I was born to love you', 'Those were the days of my life' etc.........wah starting to like them as much as Eagles........
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#2
I'm not a fan of theirs but liked these songs:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Another one bites the dust
Killer queen
Fat bottom girls
Bicycle race
We will rock you
We are the champions
Under Pressure
Radio gaga
I want to break free
Friends will be friends
The show must go on
A Winter's tale


RIP Freddie Mercury
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#4
Benign said:
Try Boney M .....one of my favourite :devil:
Haha Brown girl in the ring! sha la la la la! Sunny Daddy cool Rasputin!
 

slaam

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
1,548
0
0
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
#5
Yup Queen rocks!
lol but i was surprised to find out that freddie mecury is gay..

oh you missed "who wants to live forever!"
that's another of my fav..
its in the soundtrack of the Highlander movie..
there was even a queen concert where christopher lambert went on stage brandishing a sword while queen sang this song!

Princes of the universe is also from queen.. and highlander movie
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#6
slaam said:
Yup Queen rocks!
lol but i was surprised to find out that freddie mecury is gay..

oh you missed "who wants to live forever!"
that's another of my fav..
its in the soundtrack of the Highlander movie..
there was even a queen concert where christopher lambert went on stage brandishing a sword while queen sang this song!

Princes of the universe is also from queen.. and highlander movie
Their tribute concert in wembley in 92 was one of the best i think? Many band including G N' R and Metallica played. At that time, poor student, no $$$ to buy the double cassette or CD.
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#7
Not just their tunes....but the lyrics and its meanings are very good...
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#10
Benign said:
Yes Sir I can boogie, Double Dutch Bus, Rivers of Babylon, Funky Town, One way ticket ...
Yeah....after one way ticket, you gotta go home to ma baker cos its a holi holiday! And oh.....no woman no cry! :bsmilie:

Mary's boy child/oh my lord can be heard during christmas every year.
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#13
Shate...now come to think of it...I think they are even better than Eagles or am I just fickle?;)

afbug...yes winter's tale is really nice especially when he sings about the part where he keeps repeating the 'dreaming'...machiam like floating...
 

afbug

Senior Member
Aug 19, 2004
482
0
0
Planet SG™
#14
boroangel said:
Shate...now come to think of it...I think they are even better than Eagles or am I just fickle?;)

afbug...yes winter's tale is really nice especially when he sings about the part where he keeps repeating the 'dreaming'...machiam like floating...
I find that they ARE better than Eagles. :)
Yes....a winter's tale....a bit like magic. A kind of magic!---> Missed out this song.
 

sbs99

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,024
0
0
#15
They were amazing...were ahead of their time. Great music. =)
Pity Freddy had passed on.
 

Mar 27, 2005
1,164
0
0
Singapore
#16
You also missed out Flash Gordon theme.
I also love the duet of Somebody to Love with George Michael.
 

kaywalk

New Member
Aug 11, 2005
297
0
0
#17
sbs99 said:
They were amazing...were ahead of their time. Great music. =)
Pity Freddy had passed on.
Well, I don't like how the Eagles have mellowed and become so sappy. In a way, early death can freeze a band in all its glory.

My favourite Queen song is "Now I'm Here".

I like the Eagles, too. My favourite is "One of These Nights". An amazing play of hard and soft, yin and yang.

But how to compare two bands? The Eagles was always the more laidback band. Queen was more flamboyant and in-your-face.
 

boroangel

New Member
Apr 23, 2005
431
0
0
#18
I heard Queen is still performing albeit with a new lead singer? Is it true? Even if true , the magic just isn't there anymore...
 

Aug 14, 2005
103
0
0
#19
ahhhh, Queen.....my fav is still bohemian rhapsody & save me.
Yep, Freddie had a short fling with his drummer, Roger Taylor.
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,243
3
0
47
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
#20
boroangel said:
I heard Queen is still performing albeit with a new lead singer? Is it true? Even if true , the magic just isn't there anymore...
Paul Rodgers is the current lead singer. Watch him perform in the DVD 'Queen - Return of the champions'. He used to sing lead for Free and Bad Company. He may not be Freddie for sure but he sure does justice to Queen's songs. I think he's just singing lead for Queen and not replacing Freddie.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom