Any PS Actions to remove Chromatic Abberation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
Anyone can share a PS Action on this? Thanks in advance.

../azul123

if you are using CS2 there is a filter called lens correction under distort in the filter menu.. go try using that...

I use either Adobe Camera RAW if its RAW files, or PT lens plug-in if its jpeg.

If you have CS2 I believe its under the Lens Correction filter

enivre said:
if you are using CS2 there is a filter called lens correction under distort in the filter menu.. go try using that...
Nothing on CS?

Hope yo ucan squeeze me in on one of your course...

Anyway still learning, thanks for the tips on where to look for the information, tried searching in dpreview, the links point to a person call Brian Caldwell but his website is under construction.

../azul123

solarii said:
I use either Adobe Camera RAW if its RAW files, or PT lens plug-in if its jpeg.

If you have CS2 I believe its under the Lens Correction filter
Thanks, looks like CS2 has these valuable features, wonder if anyone using CS, how do you remove CA?

../azul123

AReality said:
Goto Hue/Saturation,
click the CA colour,
desaturate.

Thanks... this really helps, I also realise now that CA may not be purple all the time, appreciate it. :thumbsup:

../azul123

azul123 said:
Thanks, looks like CS2 has these valuable features, wonder if anyone using CS, how do you remove CA?

../azul123
Select the colour adjoining the CA area, select brush tool, for brush mode select "color", and brush over the CA area. Or if you want to do it on a new layer, create new layer, change the layer from "normal" to "colour", and just use the selected colour to brush over the CA area, brush mode normal. :)

azul123 said:

../azul123

PT lens works on CS as well. It's a 3rd party plug-in, not a standard PS filter.

I wouldn't bother with manual methods that require you to paint over affected areas... too tedious, whereas a filter just requires you to tweak a few sliders and click ok.

Google!

n0d3 said:
I didn't ask you to search dPreview. I asked you to Google.
ok, in that case.. thanks for the links :thumbsup: .

It would serve useful for those also searching this information.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.