Any prob getting Grey Sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dielah

Jul 10, 2007
Hiya bros, actually torn between buying a K100d for 1K+ with warranty or getting a grey set at 800+.

Any guys have problems using the K100d that need repair?

Or any problems when getting Shriro to service the grey sets e.g. dust on sensor?

Thanx.

i think shriro won't service grey sets.. i'm not entirely sure about that though...

Hiya bros, actually torn between buying a K100d for 1K+ with warranty or getting a grey set at 800+.

Or any problems when getting Shriro to service the grey sets e.g. dust on sensor?

Thanx.

Even if it is a grey set, Shriro will still service for you but with a fee.:)

Thanx.
There is a seller in B&S letting go of his K100D that's quite new. As the distributor for Pentax in Singapore, they are obliged to service any Pentax equipment but if the item is grey or out of warranty, you are liable to pay a fee for any service rendered.

haha...but got shop warranty rite?

In the many years I have bought camera equipment ranging from P&S to large format, I have actually never had to exercise a warranty claim with the singular exception of the Nikon D70. I broke my own rule by buying it immediately when it first came out. After 9 months the camera started giving niggling problems, the dangers of being an early adopter. To me, I put less emphasis on warranty because most problems, if any, surface after the 1 yr warranty period, so I'd opt to save money upfront by buying grey.

BTW polantics, check the spelling in your signature...

HoHoHo, thanx for your advice bros.

Actually its cos i saw one grey K100D from B&S section thats why i tot of getting a grey set. But with Comex 2007 in a month's time dunno if i should wait for the deals then...

What say you?

Yes ........ the pics will come out grey ............... :bsmilie:

Seriously, it's all up to you to make the final decision. With electronic gadgets, you will never know when they may suddenly fail you. :)

Do you want to brave it? :think:

HoHoHo, thanx for your advice bros.

Actually its cos i saw one grey K100D from B&S section thats why i tot of getting a grey set. But with Comex 2007 in a month's time dunno if i should wait for the deals then...

What say you?

I don't think Pentax will be at the show. I believe you can check with Shriro;)

Yes ........ the pics will come out grey ............... :bsmilie:

Seriously, it's all up to you to make the final decision. With electronic gadgets, you will never know when they may suddenly fail you. :)

Do you want to brave it? :think:

Please lah, you got many systems to play around so got equipment redundancy. :bsmilie: No need to frighten newbie buying his first DSLR about equipment failure. Heck even my el cheapo $5 electronic calculator hasn't conked out, ...neither has my K100D or K10D. :rolleyes:

So far my "grey" K100D had no problem :D

Use with care. it will not give you any problem :)

So far my "grey" K100D had no problem :D

Use with care. it will not give you any problem :)

I know my gf & night86mare "grey" K100D also no problem. These "grey"s are as Pentax as any K100D you get locally. If you don't use it like K10D (in rain, sand, etc), it'll serve you well. Do check for any possible problem when you buy a used set, just in case lah.;)

i have inherited my cousin k10d as he is going from pentax to canon; eos 1d mk3:bigeyes: i am back to the dark side again after staying bright for a while...:bsmilie:

I know my gf & night86mare "grey" K100D also no problem. These "grey"s are as Pentax as any K100D you get locally. If you don't use it like K10D (in rain, sand, etc), it'll serve you well. Do check for any possible problem when you buy a used set, just in case lah.;)

Yeps, no problem.

Make sure you must use it fast and furiously when you first get it, so that any problems will surface.. Usually problems appear fast, or take a longgg time to appear, when it comes to electronics, from personal experience.

I personally don't like to buy used electronics stuff, lenses still possible, but for like, camera, you have no idea what sort of things the owner has been doing, whether he has been monkeying around with his camera by I don't know, placing it in a steamer and boiling it or something.

The best way to avoid trouble if you buy used is to buy from people with good reputations, either from trading or by ear/mouth. I have seen so many complaints from people who got cheated even in B&S because they did not check properly (and sometimes it's unavoidable, you trust the person too much) and unethical people list fungus-ed lenses as condition 10, rofl.

I personally don't like to buy used electronics stuff, lenses still possible, but for like, camera, you have no idea what sort of things the owner has been doing, whether he has been monkeying around with his camera by I don't know, placing it in a steamer and boiling it or something.

Don't be too sure about lens though....
I'm sure guys have all seen this. :sweat:

Waaaah, so many posts ah. Still I have mailed OP but have got no replies of an e-quote. Anybros got any lobangs out there?

Actually also considering forgoing the kit lenses & getting a 18 - 125 mm?

Hehe...

Waaaah, so many posts ah. Still I have mailed OP but have got no replies of an e-quote. Anybros got any lobangs out there?

Hehe...

Call them.

They have K100D set, I saw it when I was getting my 10-20. =)

Hehe...
No need e-quote, just go down and talk to them. Their price is very good already. The kit lens is OK, just get the DA 50-200 and most of your shooting needs should be covered.

Yeps, no problem.

Make sure you must use it fast and furiously when you first get it, so that any problems will surface.. Usually problems appear fast, or take a longgg time to appear, when it comes to electronics, from personal experience.

The best way to avoid trouble if you buy used is to buy from people with good reputations, either from trading or by ear/mouth. I have seen so many complaints from people who got cheated even in B&S because they did not check properly (and sometimes it's unavoidable, you trust the person too much) and unethical people list fungus-ed lenses as condition 10, rofl.

where would you recommend for a grey set?

Status
Not open for further replies.