Any Powerex MH-C9000 user? Got a question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintarosaint

Nov 28, 2007
Hi all,

Using a test pen, touch the contacts of the charger (power on, with or without batteries charging), will your test pen light up?

Mine lights up, just wondering if that's normal...:dunno:

Reverse the 2 pin AC plug and try again

Using a test pen, touch the contacts of the charger (power on, with or without batteries charging), will your test pen light up?
Mine lights up, just wondering if that's normal...:dunno:

How do you expect the charger to work? Will it sense the presence of any battery by supernatural talents? Unlikely. So the contacts of the charging slots are always powered up. Once you insert a battery the resulting drop in voltage between the contacts (due to the battery being a consumer) will trigger the charging process in the charger.
Depending on the type of test pens (AC or DC, voltage range) some of them will indicate the low charging power, some will not.

Hmm,

For my charger, test pen lights up, indicating a AC leakage. Found the leakage coming from the adapter.

Reversing the pins didn't work though.

There are no supernatural talents in the charger, perhaps in dreams.

The reason I asked is because some of the adapters I have do produce leakage while some do not. Just wondering is it normal and will it harm the batteries or charger in any way.:dunno:

It's AC superimposed on DC, remaining from the normal AC in power net. For charging batteries it's not necessary to clean DC in the same as you need it for audio equipment. Just compare the huge capacitors found in any decent audio amplifier with that tiny power supply of the charger. Obvious that the little one cannot do the same job.

It's AC superimposed on DC, remaining from the normal AC in power net. For charging batteries it's not necessary to clean DC in the same as you need it for audio equipment. Just compare the huge capacitors found in any decent audio amplifier with that tiny power supply of the charger. Obvious that the little one cannot do the same job.

icic, thanks for the enlightenment ;) So long as it is not critical and pose no threat to the batteries then I guess it should be fine..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.