Any Point & Shoot with good marco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartman

Aug 17, 2004
Singapore
I am looking for a Point & Shoot that is able to do good marco shots. I will be using it for work purposes to shot SMD PCB components, SMD component solder joints, connector pins joints on PCB etc, etc. So, the distance between the "subject" should be as close as possible. I need something that is able to shoot that close but my budget is about S$750.

I am current looking at canon S2 but it is way above my budget. I am currently considering Canon A620. The camera should support AA batteries and hopefully uses SD cards .

Has anyone tried Canon A620 with additional marco lens attached?

Any recommendations guys? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D

Have you tried Ricoh?

I have not tried ricoh yet. But there is another camera from casio that has a 1cm marco, has anyone tried that before?

Get a Fuji S602. It's macro mode is about 2 cm. If you couple it with 2x +4 close up filter, you can pretty much shoot as close as you want. :)

The fuji S602 model that you quoted can't be found in the fujifile web site. Is it within S$750?

How about Oly C-5050,C-5060, C-7070 digicams? They have good macro features. If you are willing to look out for 2nd-hand models, you should easily get one for less than your budget.

bartman said:
The fuji S602 model that you quoted can't be found in the fujifile web site. Is it within S$750?

It should be by now since it's almost a 2 yr old model. :)

Here is the link.

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/cameras/s602pro/

If you want to find it locally, you might wish to go;

http://home.fujifilm.com/gateway/asia.html

and send them an email to see if it's still available locally and how much it costs now. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Fuji 602 is an obsolete model, you can probably get one for $300 in B&S. I used to have Panasonic FZ-10, it is also having as good Macro shots as Fuji 602. I believe the Panasonic FZ-20 should be having the same Macro performance. I am not sure whether is FZ-20 still available from store.

Guys, Thanks for infomation that you have provided.

There is some requirements that i am asked to take note of while searching for "that" camera. It has to support AA batteries, cost no more than S$750, preferably uses SD cards and it has to be new. I have looked at most of your recommendation and it does not seem to fit those criteria. But thanks for the help guys.

It looks like i am left with either Canon A620 or Canon S2(if i can psyhco my boss to increase the budget).

Anyone out there with these 2 cameras, could you help to post some sample shots of its maximum super macro shots capabilities? Thanks a million in advance guys.

Hey a casio p505 would be good....1cm macro range and execllent videos...its within ur budjet too

Like someone said, get the Ricoh Caplio R2, which you seem to have ruled out already?
1cm macro, SD card, 2 types of batteries (AA and lithium ion), S$500+ new, and a host of other good features

bartman said:
Guys, Thanks for infomation that you have provided.

There is some requirements that i am asked to take note of while searching for "that" camera. It has to support AA batteries, cost no more than S$750, preferably uses SD cards and it has to be new. I have looked at most of your recommendation and it does not seem to fit those criteria. But thanks for the help guys.

It looks like i am left with either Canon A620 or Canon S2(if i can psyhco my boss to increase the budget).

Anyone out there with these 2 cameras, could you help to post some sample shots of its maximum super macro shots capabilities? Thanks a million in advance guys.

Canon PS A410 for budget. Super macro in mannual mode is not bad for a P & S of that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.