Any place with good Hi-Fi to watch your own DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd

Oct 25, 2002
Singapore
Hi all,

can anyone recommend me a place to watch my own DVD, but with good sound system and big screen?

Thanks!

try adelphi...

Any particular shops there to recommend? Do they require a fee or something?

What movie are you watching? Just wondering, how many people here have great home theatre system with big screen and mega sound system.

Ghost In The Shell: Innocence
=)

I too wonder how many people here have a big screen and quality + quantity sound

What kinda movie is that? Adelphi is a great place for highend stuff but I doubt they'll loan out a session for you to see. If you're a movie afficiano, built your own theatre and get the best seats in town.

Well, I like both the first and the 2nd. Gonna get the Stand Alone Complex series once I've enough $$$.

if you don't have a good sound system
i'll suggest using a good headphone

you will hear sounds that you didn't know were there

Then again, you'll need high quality headphones (cans) for that kind of detail ... else everything would sound muddled.

YEOWMING said:
What kinda movie is that? Adelphi is a great place for highend stuff but I doubt they'll loan out a session for you to see. If you're a movie afficiano, built your own theatre and get the best seats in town.

Well, if u are new into building a system, I suggest u start from something cheap, but definitely not those ALL-In-One systems...

Try components, perhaps a AV-Rx, DVD Player, Speakers and Good Quality Cables (FYI, cables do make a difference). Budget abt $1000 for a basic set.

I made a mistake of getting a All-In-One, which I had difficulties having more surround sound aux input. Luckily the boss allowed me to bring back and "upgrade".

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... any HT buffs here? :p

Yeap, do not scrimp on the cables. Think i spent about close to $500 on cables alone for my HT ... :sweat: the results speak for themselves.

Not necessarily need to buy top-end / new models. This year would be the year of the HD/Blu-ray DVDs ... so sit back and wait a little. You can buy 2nd hand AVR to start off to save you a buck or 2. But in the end, the speakers and the sub also counts and what kind of experience you want.

i m into HT. oni stereo (2.1), but sounds terrific. so far neighbours hav yet 2 complain abt noise levels! :bsmilie:

some shops at Adelphi do bundle a HT package. should set aside abt $2000 4 a wonderful sounding set (TV & headphones not incl.). :)

I am big HT buff. Also amazed my neighbours have not complained about the noise yet, especially from the subwoofer. :bigeyes:

Royce said:
I am big HT buff. Also amazed my neighbours have not complained about the noise yet, especially from the subwoofer. :bigeyes:

Make me wonder what kind of system u had.. hehe :sweatsm:

:bsmilie: ... i'm still awaiting the arrival of my SVS :lovegrin: :sweat: ... my neigbhours will not be too happy once i start wacking it :bsmilie:

Dethangle,

which SVS you got? I have the PB12-Ultra/2.

I remember telling my ID to do the false ceiling properly and the cabinet doors tight else will rattle when I turn on my sub. She did not believe me. In the end, she got to fix the cabinet doors in the kitchen as they rattle too much.

but the rattling has tamed quite a lot after getting a BFD. You MUST get a BFD to equalise the bass response. A LOT of improvement for $200....

markccm said:
these r just child's play.

wanna hit it loud, try a line array system with Camco amps.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... i only got chance to play with QSC audio / Crown & Crest audio amps ...

Then again, my wish - QSC monoblocks powering all the channels of my HT system with Turbosound speakers and subs :sweat: .. think my neighbours will sue me to court by then

dEthANGeL said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... i only got chance to play with QSC audio / Crown & Crest audio amps ...

Then again, my wish - QSC monoblocks powering all the channels of my HT system with Turbosound speakers and subs :sweat: .. think my neighbours will sue me to court by then
still low end lah.

no kick at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.