Any place selling new F717

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanyees

Sep 1, 2004
Hi,

Is there any place in Singapore still selling Sony F717? Tried Sim Lim but no luck... if can't get in Singapore, might have to ask friend to bring over from China.

Regards,
Yee Seng.

chanyees said:
Hi,

Is there any place in Singapore still selling Sony F717? Tried Sim Lim but no luck... if can't get in Singapore, might have to ask friend to bring over from China.

Regards,
Yee Seng.

Try the Buy & Sell Forum, someone maybe selling.

P.S. Why not you buy the newer model F828?

King Tiger said:
Try the Buy & Sell Forum, someone maybe selling.

P.S. Why not you buy the newer model F828?
I would like to buy a new one if possible.
Not sure if you had noticed, but the F828 has a major problem with purple fringing (purple ring around white lights)... more so than the other 8 megapix competitors. F717 should have less, since it's 5 megapix. Plus F717 should be able to get at SGD900 (friend in China told me it's selling there for 4500 RMB), whereas F828 is selling for SGD1470 (exclude GST) at Sim Lim.
Would like to get the F717 to play around with, before upgrading to digital SLR a few years down the road. :)

chanyees said:
Not sure if you had noticed, but the F828 has a major problem with purple fringing (purple ring around white lights)... more so than the other 8 megapix competitors. F717 should have less, since it's 5 megapix. Plus F717 should be able to get at SGD900 (friend in China told me it's selling there for 4500 RMB), whereas F828 is selling for SGD1470 (exclude GST) at Sim Lim.
Would like to get the F717 to play around with, before upgrading to digital SLR a few years down the road. :)

For camera, you should try Peninsula Plaza & Peninsula Shopping Center. I still see a few shops selling few months back.

chanyees said:

You should just get the 828. You will never regret it. Take it from a user who used to own a 717. Yes, it does have purple fringe problem but only in certain photos in more extreme lighting conditions. Even then, it's easily corrected in photoshop. ;)

Purple fringe is hardly visible in most pics shot from the 828. It depends on the angle that you take when shooting. Some don't even exist. For pics that PF is present, it can be removed using PS. If you're not planning to enlarge the pics to like 8R or more, that should not present as an issue.

chanyees said:
Hi,

Regards,
Yee Seng.

Hi Yee Seng

Alternatively, you can call up Sony Singapore to check for stock availability.
The customer service will inform you which dealer you can get from.

Status
Not open for further replies.