Any photography course avaliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Hi guys,

I having thinking to do freelancing event photography.
Question, do i need to get any certs for photography like these? Or is it a bonus that I have them?

I am planning get some certs as my working hours allows. Is that a good starting point. Some of canon friends have certs from some Canon association. Does Nikon have the likes?

Please advise.

i know of some friends who are professional full-time photographers and they dont have any
professional certification. i guess they rely alot on recommendations, word of mouth but i know that they usually present their work to clients as most people would like to see their photos rather than certifications.

however, there are schools out there who offer workshops/course and rewards students for participation.

in the US, there are subjects on photography but its usually incorporated into design degrees etc

try (www.knowledgebowl.com.sg) for their range of courses

didnt know need cert.... who cares lah....ppl only want to see the real stuffs

Thanks Daneal79 for the link.
It's useful. =) Looks like something I am looking for. =)

Hi sin77,
ya I realised some of my friends who freelanced before didn't have a cert or attended any course before. I just feel that a course would help me reinforce my current understanding or/and lack of understanding of the digital camera.

I think I have taken some "real" stuff for others to see but I reckon that there could be those boring little stuff which I might not know of and which might be mightly helpful in situations least expected. =)

Bro,I share ur sentiments about enrolling for a course..It really helps in ur understanding and grasping of the usage of a digital camera..So my advice is,just enrol if u r serious bout pursuing this freelance thingy..

However,for this freelance thing,I can't help but agree on the comments posted above that u really need a strong circle of contacts to make it work...Also,a good portfolio of ur works will definitely help..

Good luck...

In the real world people smell coffee, a certificate course is a wonderful thing. But remember most people learn as they go along that's one reason why it's called a craft. A course is merely an accelerated transfer of experience provided the attendee has the ability to learn and understand and apply otherwise it's like training a retarded chim - who only know how to play one song 1 way. Most local training course centers are not really set up right to train in depth. There are seasoned industry recognised pro's who do 1 to 1 training but is $300 upwards per hour too high a price to pay ?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting.
I just finished a 3 day workshop over the weekend !!! =)

Here's my sentiments: even though it doesn't turns me into a pro instantly, I feel that I did walk away from the workshop with more knowledge on the techniques and functions of the camera. Like what ellery mentioned, there was a accelarated tranfer of knowledge. =)

I learnt alot from the internet and from having trials and error through the practical during my free time but the workshop allows me to question and have an answer on the spot instead of sweating my way to find them. =)

I think some things are plain technical like using the flash as main and fill-in. I guess I could have learn them from Cs-ers but I don't know many of the pros here ... so I pay my way thru it. =(

I am taking my first steps into freelancing as a photographer. I hope to learn more here in this forum as well.

If you have good experiences with any photography trainer here, do post them here. It will be good reference for me to check it them out. =)

update.

I just finished another photography course. =)

HI Fabianaino,

We meet again.

May I know where did you attended the courses? Would you like to share what is the scope they cover and there charges?

May wanna go for one or two.

There are lots of courses listed in the "Workshops" category.

Thanks Rashkae,

I'll check out the threads from there.

CHeers;)

Status
Not open for further replies.