any photographers in bedok reservoir who's very free to help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lustlab

Jan 27, 2008
Bedok Reservoir
well, i got a canon 350d with kit lens, and yes, i'm a newbie.
i realize there is so much to learn as i will be going to genting on friday, good friday.
i plan on using my slr, however, i need someone to help me familiarize with my slr as i havent got the time to shoot since i got it.
any kind soul living in bedok area, willing to help me out anytime before friday,
please contact me..

97493231. :)

well, i got a canon 350d with kit lens, and yes, i'm a newbie.
i realize there is so much to learn as i will be going to genting on friday, good friday.
i plan on using my slr, however, i need someone to help me familiarize with my slr as i havent got the time to shoot since i got it.
any kind soul living in bedok area, willing to help me out anytime before friday,
please contact me..

97493231. :)

what do you need to know?

how is your knowledge, do you understand sulhan's photog notes in the newbie thread?

wat help would you need? the best way to learn is really to try try try...

ya, just play play around first.
else last minute also not so easy to familiarize with camrea ..... try using the Av mode first ? :), you control the apature, camrea controls the shutter spd to get the right exposure.

Hi

to avoid dissapointment what i can suggest you is put your camera in "AUTO" mode for the time being, the time is too short for you to understand DSLR camera.
If you have basic knowledge of the DSLR camera, it will be easier to tell you the shooting specification.

Another easier way to set.
1. Set the camera to Tv mode, meaning manually set the shutter, auto set for aperture

2. You are using 350D with kit lens, kit lens is 18-55mm. in order to avoid image blurr, never set your shutter below the focal length value.
Example: if you are using 18mm, always set your shutter speed at 1/18sec and above dont go below this value, and if you are using 35mm, always set your shutter speed at 1/35mm.

let me know if you need help from me, I am staying Kembangan, we can arrange time.
PM me if you wish.

hey you people!! :) thanks so much, i actually took down notes from sulhan and some of you here.. im hoping the notes will help me.
and im also testing out the different modes etc etc(now that i've quit my job)
thanks so much:)

Hi

to avoid dissapointment what i can suggest you is put your camera in "AUTO" mode for the time being, the time is too short for you to understand DSLR camera.
If you have basic knowledge of the DSLR camera, it will be easier to tell you the shooting specification.

Another easier way to set.
1. Set the camera to Tv mode, meaning manually set the shutter, auto set for aperture

2. You are using 350D with kit lens, kit lens is 18-55mm. in order to avoid image blurr, never set your shutter below the focal length value.
Example: if you are using 18mm, always set your shutter speed at 1/18sec and above dont go below this value, and if you are using 35mm, always set your shutter speed at 1/35mm.

let me know if you need help from me, I am staying Kembangan, we can arrange time.
PM me if you wish.

1/18sec on the camera it'll reflect as?
because i know 1'' is 1 second.
but 1/18 is...?

have no idea. haha. i think it is 2 without the "

oops. i just asked a colleague using the 400 and she said it shows 1/2 on her lcd. so ... i think we both can be wrong though. :D

latest: i think it shows 2 without the " as mentioned earlier after looking at the lcd on the 350d. :D

ah. feel free to ask anything here then, i should reply quite quickly most times of the day

would have gone down to bedok reservoir today, but the weather was quite a letdown so i gave it a pass, fully booked up for the rest of the week

my advice is to shoot and understand intuitively what iso, shutter speed and aperture does, then work on composition.. and that's basically all you need, a little bit of practice with photoshop and you'll be there. shoot more, and you'll learn more for sure :)

what lens ya using , so we can estimate better "settings" of the lens + cam combined. :) for the different scenarios

what lens ya using , so we can estimate better "settings" of the lens + cam combined. :) for the different scenarios

kit lens.. there's av tv, a-dep, but what is P?
my goodness, i tried just now and im having abig headache.

Tell ye what...use the camera as a giant compact. Set it on program mode and shoot in raw if you have the card capacity. That way, the outcomes are somewhat more tolerant of beginner's mistakes. Moreover, you'll get a hands on experience with raw processing when you get back.

Just remember that in program, you can set the camera to increase or decrease exposure to suit the situation. If your shots are turning out too dark, increase exposure and reshoot. If they're too bright, decrease and reshoot. Should be enough for now. Blast away and get used to the toy =p

looking at your shots so far, i think u are pretty good already. why dun u just use P mode and concentrate more on non technical stuff when u are there?

it's a good camera capable of producing quality photo. it'll be good if you can browse through the manual, it helps a lot.

... i think you wouldn't have any problem shooting with it in genting looking at the photos u've posted a while ago. cheers ;)

do post up some photos to share with us when you're back alright. haha... been dying to get out of country but no chance :(

program mode

something like.. toddler mode, as compared to auto mode, which would be full baby mode

camera selects aperture/shutter speed for you, if you wish you can change flash, iso, wb

read this

OH now i know whats P mode.. well, studio photography is way simpler, as i control lightings.. and i use a constant aperture..
anyway, thanks.. i'll try to be more independent and be more adventurous with the toy.

another thing.. when i set it to av(aperture mode)the lowest is 4.0? is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.