Any PES C2L9 NSman?

Andreq

Deregistered
Jul 12, 2007
Hey guys.... I just got downgraded to PES C2L9 as an NSman due to physical injury.

Just wonder if anyone here has got the same PES status and doing your NS reservist now?

I did a search on Internet and the only info I could find is that for C2L9, there's no field training but we can still bear arms.

Quite puzzled now cos in the past few NS callups that I served, they were usually out field. So now come back to camp to be based in the office??

Also does any of you inform your unit about the change in PES status or will they be automatically informed?

Thanks for sharing.

Many C2L9 end up as armskote man.

You must inform your unit if you don't want anything to cork up. Like assigning you as MG gunner.

They may also assign you to attach to RSM or CQ as cheap labor :bsmilie:

Last edited:
my friend's C2L2 due to a fractured arm and leg, and was downgraded to PES C2L2... however, the idiots at his unit still place him as a field pioneer despite his requests.

I was downgraded from PES B to E1L9 due to my hearing problems. My unit still tell me go field but only stay at "camp", no need draw arms, no IFC etc. It really depends on your unit. If you can talk to your PC or OC, maybe you just stay in camp for the duration of you ICT.

Depending on different units. Lots of my camp mates who are C9L2 also went outfield and doing anchorage.

Hi, im a pesC2L9, downgraded due to knee injury.

U r required to go outfield n bear arms but not to go n charge up the hills.

U will stay around the HQ in outfield n likely be deployed as signaller, armskote man, personal assistance or even storeman.

Hey guys.... I just got downgraded to PES C2L9 as an NSman due to physical injury.

Just wonder if anyone here has got the same PES status and doing your NS reservist now?

I did a search on Internet and the only info I could find is that for C2L9, there's no field training but we can still bear arms.

Quite puzzled now cos in the past few NS callups that I served, they were usually out field. So now come back to camp to be based in the office??

Also does any of you inform your unit about the change in PES status or will they be automatically informed?

Thanks for sharing.
PES C2 no need to do IPPT, right? Unless you are PES C9L9 / E9L9, there's really not much of a difference IMHO.

Ask your the medical centre or your chief clerk to e-mail your status to your CO. CC to all the OCs, PCs and PSs. :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing.

i brought along photocopies of my official downgrade letter when i in-pro on the first day.

chief clerk, CSM, PC, OC... all get a copy. jus to be safe and certain, in case there is some misinformation somewhere... which do happen from time to time. :bsmilie:

last i heard from a friend who's a regular... even if you're C2, unless you're EX IPPT or EX RMJ or EX LL... or anything else to do with the legs... you need to do a modified version of IPPT :bsmilie:

Talking about pes status I havent gone to reservist for 1 year already.

recently downgraded to pes C9L9 also on account of being run over by a car that chiong the red light.

pes C9L9 can or cannot do what any idea? ns.sg very vague le the description.

PES C2L9 NSman?.....

never heard before............... seriously no joke is this new??

sorry, i just checked. i am C9L2.

thus, i still need to go outfield, hang around the HQ area and carry rifle.

but not chiong the mountains or cross the river or even dig trenches.

in short, i'm excused from all these activities as well as IPPT.

as for C2L9, likelihood is no outfield and do clerical work etc.

sorry, i just checked. i am C9L2.

thus, i still need to go outfield, hang around the HQ area and carry rifle.

but not chiong the mountains or cross the river or even dig trenches.

in short, i'm excused from all these activities as well as IPPT.

as for C2L9, likelihood is no outfield and do clerical work etc.

you so young.......

thanks to all who contributed....

sorry i am so blur... went back to check. it's C9L9, not C2L9. Basically the L9 is for non-outfield is it? The C2 and C9 not much diff for reservists, ie no IPPT?

wahhh, didn't know they need reservists to do "clerk" work?

sorry i am so blur... went back to check. it's C9L9, not C2L9. Basically the L9 is for non-outfield is it? The C2 and C9 not much diff for reservists, ie no IPPT?

no lah, they need ppl to fill in the numbers..... lol

Andreq said:

Although u r excused IPPT as C9L9, u r still deployable out field and carries Arms. Meaning u still can perform sentry out in the field... :)

Although u r excused IPPT as C9L9, u r still deployable out field and carries Arms. Meaning u still can perform sentry out in the field... :)

wah kan sien. lol