Any one putting iphone in dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRed

Feb 25, 2007
HI
As you know iphone has Liquid Submersion Indicator(LSI), that will be trigger when the humid is above 95%, unfortunately for us , in Singapore the humid level often reach 100 %,
So I wondering if it ok if we keep the iphone in side the dry cabinet(when not use, ofcourse:bsmilie:)
Thanks

1. The LSI only gets triggered when water seems in there. You'd be at greater risk from your sweat creeping in there. Hence the term "submersion".

2. So what if you put in in a dry cabinet? If the LSI was that sensitive, it would then get triggered the moment you take it out of the dry cabi.

Lesson: Think before you post. ;)

The operating specs for the iphone 3gs are,

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP565

It would defeat the point of having a cellphone if you had to lock it in a dry cabinet.

Because it humid, it is not water, so from my point of view it will build up slowly around the LSI, buy puting it into sry cabinet, well, I Think it may dry the sensor.
And dear 2evans, I might want to put the phone in there when not in use, for example, when I am sleeping

Last edited:
Because it humid, it is not water, so from my point of view it will build up slowly around the LSI, buy puting it into sry cabinet, well, I Think it may dry the sensor.
And dear 2evans, I might want to put the phone in there when not in use, for example, when I am sleeping

Then why dont you just put the ipone in the dry cabinet?

because I need to use the phone, I only put it there at night, when I dont need it, I believe it will dry the phone,

:bsmilie:Instead of buying a phone pouch....... get one of those HIPPO and modify that as a iPhone pouch loh.... should works!! hahhhaa.........

because I need to use the phone, I only put it there at night, when I dont need it, I believe it will dry the phone,

You're one real paranoid guy :bsmilie:

if you want to, you can

since the operating specs for the iphone 3gs are,

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
http://support.apple.com/kb/SP565

If putting it inside make you sleep better without worrying, why not........better than having nightmare of those little fungus start chewing away your i-phone.

To have more protection, buried your I-phone inside a bowl of tea leaves when putting inside the dry cabinet, it will help to suck away the moisture.

If it matters, I was doing a shoot with my phone in my shorts and we went down into the sea waist level (with me forgetting about it).

I'm quite sure it will spoil, but it didn't, so what's the point of keeping it in the dry cabinet? :D

*disclaimer - please do not try it, all iPhones spoilt are not held accountable!*

Last edited:
If it matters, I was doing a shoot with my phone in my shorts and we went down into the sea waist level (with me forgetting about it).

I'm quite sure it will spoil, but it didn't, so what's the point of keeping it in the dry cabinet? :D

*disclaimer - please do not try it, all iPhones spoilt are not held accountable!*

well, u just kiss your warranty goodbye. As long as the indicator turns color, apple will not honour any warranty claims.

Been using my iPhone since last August... My care for it is no different from the care I give for any other phones I've owned in the past... No issues whatsoever...

Chill out yah :angel: Just enjoy using the iPhone :)

i put my goldfish bowl in the dry cabinet

after all, i have a very big dry cabinet, time to think of what to put in next.

maybe its time we get a large dry cabinet to put our clothes too, and our computer, and our hi-fi, and shoes, and dried fish, tibits, woman and man who suffer from water retention too..

Thanks for all the reply guys, very funny
Especially jgjonathangoh, if you have the money, build your house inside will be a better idea

Status
Not open for further replies.