Any one owns an Xbox??

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
hihi.. any xbox users out there?... I need help... I am contemplating between an xbox or a ps2... ps2 has always been my first choice but lately I am pretty impressed by xbox games... they are much better than when it was juz launched... thats why leaning towards it - xbox (have to forgo WE8 and FF series on PS2.. sob)

anyone knows where and how much I have to pay to mod an xbox?... and i am pretty confused about the harddisk thingy?... an original xbox has an inbuilt HD?...

Any one can help me?

Cool!... oh man... more tempting to get an xbox liaoz.. heehee... thanx dude... so ya know anything about modification of an xbox?... or is it a too sensitive topic to be discussed here wor?..

blurboiboi said:
Cool!... oh man... more tempting to get an xbox liaoz.. heehee... thanx dude... so ya know anything about modification of an xbox?... or is it a too sensitive topic to be discussed here wor?..

Even if you did... there aren't many bootleg xbox games around. Plus you cannot play Live with it.

That said... if you do get xbox, check out Halo which is a really fun game... waiting for Halo 2 to be launched.
;)

Well its definately a touchy subject. Personally I would not want to discuss about modification, firstly I have not much idea on the subject and second I wouldn't do it as it would void warranty and probably get my unit banned when I go Xbox LIVE.

If you read this article you will know that modding will be illegal by next year.

http://computertimes.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,5104,2720,00.html?

So far I'm happy with my green xbox, going LIVE almost everynight with the local Xbox gamers on R63: Black Arrow and other games.

Heard from Friend's Personal Experience: Not advisable to to modify Xbox Console. :nono:

Microsoft is very smart. Those that have previously modified their boxes cannot play Live... And most of their games have anti-copying encryption that even if you duplicate, they won't work. Its original all the way now for Xbox. Even if you modify and manage to get "live" to work on your machine, who knows in near future, Microsoft may release another new gimmick and that can't work again. You have to stick with Original if its an XBox....

blurboiboi said:
hihi.. any xbox users out there?... I need help... I am contemplating between an xbox or a ps2... ps2 has always been my first choice but lately I am pretty impressed by xbox games... they are much better than when it was juz launched... thats why leaning towards it - xbox (have to forgo WE8 and FF series on PS2.. sob)

anyone knows where and how much I have to pay to mod an xbox?... and i am pretty confused about the harddisk thingy?... an original xbox has an inbuilt HD?...

Any one can help me?

ya.. me too own an Xbox... the Xbox has a internal HD of 8gb or more.. well i dunno the actual size of it.. but the game's graphics is a 100 times better den a PS2... Ps2 is run on a PC-333 chip, while the Xbox is running on a PC-733 chip... obvious la rite ???

December the release of StarCraft GHOST, and the recent release of Full Spectrum Warrior and the FIFA 2004.. all the great games !!

the controller is better den PS2, and it can play DVDs... the Ps2 features the ethernet controller, but u will have to buy the Ethernet Controller. if available in SG, but the Xbox has a inbuilt Ethernet card and all u haf to do is to get Starhub's Maxonline, get a live kit which cost $88.. and u are all out shooting pple down~~

Xbox is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trust me... i am a happy Xbox user..... =)

glennyong said:
ya.. me too own an Xbox... the Xbox has a internal HD of 8gb or more.. well i dunno the actual size of it.. but the game's graphics is a 100 times better den a PS2... Ps2 is run on a PC-333 chip, while the Xbox is running on a PC-733 chip... obvious la rite ???

December the release of StarCraft GHOST, and the recent release of Full Spectrum Warrior and the FIFA 2004.. all the great games !!

the controller is better den PS2, and it can play DVDs... the Ps2 features the ethernet controller, but u will have to buy the Ethernet Controller. if available in SG, but the Xbox has a inbuilt Ethernet card and all u haf to do is to get Starhub's Maxonline, get a live kit which cost $88.. and u are all out shooting pple down~~

Xbox is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

trust me... i am a happy Xbox user..... =)

Dude, unfortunately Starcraft Ghost will be release early next year :cry:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/starcraftghost/news_6101105.html

I am also waiting for it, the other one is Republic Commandos. Hey, Burnout 3 is coming out tomorrow, fantastic graphics and gameplay, LIVE somemore. hehe. Anyway, Halo 2 will be THE most anticipated game to be launch for this year. Counting down to 9th Nov...63 more days to go !!

ptwong said:
not true....you still can play it just that you have to off the mod chip either physically by a switch or thru the bios of the chip. only certain better chips allow it to be done something like a safe mode thingy. You can download the bios online also.

The reason why no much bootleg games is because you can copy the game directly to your xbox hard disk. Which means just buy one can share with all your friends. that's why no point bring in to sell. Yes, it includes original games too. and also you can upgrade the hard disk too.

Xbox games don't really have many good games but it allows you to play multi-player easily. However, unless you're playing with local players, it tends to lag quite a fair bit for fast place games which can be quite fustrating.

My advice is to play try the set first at your friend's place to see if you really like it or not...btw PS 2 rocks!!! ha....

hi all... ya.. i foresee lots of great games coming out on the xbox console... :)
Lots of ppl selling xbox as a result of either new sign ups or extention of contracts with starhub maxonline... most importantly their prices are much lower than retail pxs....

one thing i do not get it.... what do you mean by copying games onto the HD of the console?.. you mean now we can d/l the sw onto our pc and copy it over?... and still able to play?... that's another form of piracy too is'nt it?.. :p

Modded Xbox with 120Gb of HD is a complete entertainment device........
You play games, MP3, MPEG file, DIVX file, save your photo and view them on TV and many more......

Check this site...he's our friendly neighbourhood Xbox expert
http://quiktechno.5u.com/

You don't even need to have Xbox live to play online check this site
http://www.xbchelp.com/
and it's FREE

Getting my Xbox crystal limited edition from starhub on wednesday, with 2 games and voucher, anyone want to buy? If not may want to mod it into a server, since i don't play games one.

ptwong said:
you can just copy the whole game using the xbox itself, no need to use pc at all. never say it wasn't piracy :D

but if you want to play on xbox-live, you would need to have the original game to play. no way about it

i have got another Q wor.. if we can copy the whole game onto the HD of the console and play... why do we need to mod the console b4 we ca play pirated games then?... what's preventing one from using an unmod console to play pirated games wor?

blurboiboi said:
i have got another Q wor.. if we can copy the whole game onto the HD of the console and play... why do we need to mod the console b4 we ca play pirated games then?... what's preventing one from using an unmod console to play pirated games wor?

Could the CS members who have posted any issues relating to XboX modding kindly removed their own postings?

The discussion of a topic of such nature is not allowed and i seek your understanding in this matter. At the same time, please be advised that if no action is taken after 2000 hrs, the thread will be subsequently removed.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.