Any one own a food store in food court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only food store that comes to my mind when the word lucrative pops out is Punggol Nasi Lemak.. check out the queue everyday!

the only food store that comes to my mind when the word lucrative pops out is Punggol Nasi Lemak.. check out the queue everyday!

tas one good example of crazy queue and pricing.

if u've a killer recipe or a super cook/chef working for u, u can really earn alot, but perhaps at the expense of ur time n freedom as u might need to spend many hours manning the business n taking care of other issues.

BUT the nasi lemak there sucks BIG time. I've tried it once and swore never to go back again...i seriously wonder why pple bother to eat it...

average income for long hours covering min of two main meals each business day, including weekends, public holidays. still worthwhile?

of course, not everyone will get rich , but if you can find a good spot, most important is good and affortable food and some luck, you will at least have an avarage income in Singapore.
Cheer,

what happens to your business if yr super cook/chef decides to leave you and starts his/her own business.

tas one good example of crazy queue and pricing.

if u've a killer recipe or a super cook/chef working for u, u can really earn alot, but perhaps at the expense of ur time n freedom as u might need to spend many hours manning the business n taking care of other issues.

what happens to your business if yr super cook/chef decides to leave you and starts his/her own business.

jus hire another chef and continue. can maintain abt 70% of the original taste is good enuff.

hopefully by then ur brand name would've established n ppl flock to ur stall simply based on reputation.

there're many such examples nowadays esp. with franchising.

don't u agree? :)

you think hawkering itself is a lucrative business?
Well, in the context of this thread, I'm basing on the $20k/month rental for Bugis Junction. For crowded places, you don't really need good food; the crowd is a given.

Suppose the rent is just $1k/month, the hawker now makes an extra $19k/month! That isn't lucrative enough?

There are hawkers who chose to live a more carefree life. Rent somewhere cheap and just open for dinner, for example.

average income for long hours covering min of two main meals each business day, including weekends, public holidays. still worthwhile?

I enjoy cooking :) Plus,it is only busy at peak hours, and when your stalls is stable, you can always hire someone to take care of it for awhile

Well, in the context of this thread, I'm basing on the $20k/month rental for Bugis Junction. For crowded places, you don't really need good food; the crowd is a given.

Suppose the rent is just $1k/month, the hawker now makes an extra $19k/month! That isn't lucrative enough?

There are hawkers who chose to live a more carefree life. Rent somewhere cheap and just open for dinner, for example.
The rent is not that cheap , but even it is 10k per month, you still have 10k, deduct other cost, you still have at least 5k in your bank, might not be much for you but it is enough for me hahaha

The rent is not that cheap , but even it is 10k per month, you still have 10k, deduct other cost, you still have at least 5k in your bank, might not be much for you but it is enough for me hahaha
Dont forget u still need to pay tax, insurance, cpf, equipment depreciation, etc.

I enjoy cooking :) Plus,it is only busy at peak hours, and when your stalls is stable, you can always hire someone to take care of it for awhile

Enjoy cooking and cooking for profits is completely different thing. Passion and determination is more important.

You may have friends appreciating your free lunch occassionally when you whipped out your forte dishes, praising and suggesting that you start and get rich in the food business. Don't let flattery get to your head.
Perhaps you may want to get sincere feedback from the CS forummers by cooking a few dishes for us that you intend to sell.

Dont forget u still need to pay tax, insurance, cpf, equipment depreciation, etc.
That's why I intend 5k for that

Enjoy cooking and cooking for profits is completely different thing. Passion and determination is more important.

You may have friends appreciating your free lunch occassionally when you whipped out your forte dishes, praising and suggesting that you start and get rich in the food business. Don't let flattery get to your head.
Perhaps you may want to get sincere feedback from the CS forummers by cooking a few dishes for us that you intend to sell.
Thank for your feedback, I am now doing my homework, and of course, once the stall is up, CS member will have special treatment :)
By the way, haven't got any reply from Food junction yet:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.