Any one here uses 3rd party battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulla

Sep 22, 2009
Singapore
Hi, anyone here uses 3rd party battery?

Yup...

Me. Got it along with my camera for free. I somewhat find that my 3rd party batt can last longer than its original counterpart

wah really .... like that who want to buy original battery like that

3rd party batts are a hit-or-miss affair.

Even the "best-branded" 3rd party has got really suspect QC. I was one of the stubborn people who insisted that 3rd party batts represented better value for money, but from bitter experience, they're mostly rubbish.

Higher mAh rating, "cells made-in-Japan"... rubbish. It's especially nerve wrecking when you've got your main (original) batt supported by THREE 3rd party batts and the combined duration of the three was just a fraction of the original batt (because one of them couldn't hold charge).

So you might think that you've got a fistful of back-up batts, but what good does it do your confidence when you wonder if 3 out of the five you've brought may spontaneously fail?

You spend so much on the camera and lens already, and you still want to stinge on the single most important piece of accessory for the camera? How much can you save, really? $50? $100?

When I still had my D40x, I had a original Nikon battery and a 3rd party spare. The mAh of the 3rd party is almost twice that of the original. In the beginning, the 3rd party batt seems to last so much longer than an original. However, as times goes by (1 year), the 3rd party one do not last as long as the original. Now I will be lucky if the 3rd party shoots around 3/4 of the number of shots my original is capable of.

In the end whether it is worth it, it is up to each individual. For my cam now, I have 2 original Nikon batt. Not going to trust 3rd party batt.

not to trust than a original brand definitely
but for a spare bat , it still can do

For me, I have always been an advocate for 3rd party batteries.
I still like them for being value for money. But my camera body (5dMkII) refuses to recognise the 3rd party batteries and thus does not show battery info and the amount of jiuce remaining, though they can still be used. That was one of the main reason why I bought another 2 original battery very recently. Now I am happy. I have 3 original and 2 third party, and I can go for a one week trip with little worry.
But sincerely, as time goes by, one would find the 3rd party batteries losing their capacity much faster and much more than the originals. But then again, the price of a 3 party is 1/5 that of an original. Cannot complain. They are good.

Yes, i do use 3rd party batt as well. My experience with 3rd party batt is the same with Bro daredevil123, the batt has a higher mAh but as time goes by, it wont last as long as the original.

I do use 3rd party battery, and it is serving me rather well on my 400D.. It's cheap so you can get a few to keep as spare just in case!

Yes, I have 2 3rd batteries and a original battery. My experience is that the 3rd party batteries performed ok when new but after some time cannot hold the charge as well as the original ones. Hope this helps.

Don't worry, your problem will all be gone when manufacturers implement battery chip detector in the camera. Then there will only be THE ONE.

Don't worry, your problem will all be gone when manufacturers implement battery chip detector in the camera. Then there will only be THE ONE.

Hi, spheredome bro. ...Or when the 3rd party manfacturers become better and better and there comes more 3rd party batteries with cracked codes than what is currently available. There there will be not one, but MANY. And I will jump ship again! Lol...:bsmilie:

i using one as well.. so far so good with my D90... really cheap.

yes.. as a spare.. also to pair with original for the grip :D

Well I bought a 3rd party battery for my 400D. The salesman recommended this: Use the 3rd party as your main battery. Makes perfect sense. It comes with 6 months warranty, so if it fails, no prob just go back and change. If it doesnt fail, then you will have confidence in it. Mine has been going strong for over 2 years no problem. Use it as main battery and it still goes over one full day of shooting :)

yes, 3rd party has been working well.. i'ld think it's pretty simple technology for OEM manufacturers to do a decent job in replicating... the cost of an original is easily 5 times more than a 3rd party, well enough to justify the purchase of a 3rd party over the original.. anyway, most DSLRs are capable of doing 500-700 shots per charge, shld be enough for amateur/hobbyist usage. for pros or wedding photogs, it's prob sensible to purchase the original for a piece of mind.

I've got third party batteries, but I use them as spares that I chuck into my bag if there's a possibility I'll be shooting more at a go than what my normal battery can last through.

Status
Not open for further replies.