Any one heard of company called Japan Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystix

Jan 18, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
got introduced to it by a fren...abit apprenhensive coz scared its like those multi lvl marketing schemes. As expected the person who interviewed me really knows how to talk and he spent bout an hr talking bout what are the goals in life etc all those things before asking me to go back again someday to listen more.

:light: sounds like another MLM

ya suspect so too. but u got to admit they can really talk...would make very good motivators hehe

Yup. Its confirmed MLM pyramid selling.

They sell some magnetic pillow, mattress...
The talk will tell u about health, then conduct test on u, say ur health no good... Blah, blah blah....

Then say do a favour 4 ur elderly parents, buy the pillow, it will give them good health....
Blah, blah, blah...

Basically, see them run.... Dun waste time.

There's a lot of black sheeps in MLM. But I feel we need to look at things in perspective.

NB: I myself am skeptical of all MLM companies, but in all fairness here goes:-

If (and its a big 'if'), you start a company and have a good product A. And you wish to promote and distribute your product. There are actually 2 major methods to do that

In the traditional method, it goes something like this (roughly)

Manufacturer -> Global distributor -> Regional distributor -> local distributor -> Promoter -> Consumers

Add to the profit each level makes, you got to pump in money for advistisment, marketing effort, extra warehouse stock level so that product will always hv stock etc, and of coz, R&D cost

In the MLM method of distribution its goes something like this

Manufactuer -> Team of sales person -> consumer

The team of sales person is where the MLM schemes come in. Usually, advistisement and marketing effort is cut to minimum. Most of the cost involved is in paying the "pyramid structure" as most pple would put it.

MLM is rather the norm in US. There are some big name products that are distributed in such a manner. In singapore, it is still viewed with much skeptism as there are many black sheeps around. (ie, they're not true manufacturers, but just bulk buyers and then they establish a so-call MLM company already).

So next time u run into a MLM promoter, stop and do a quick evaluation of whether its worth the time. The simplest test is to look at the product first and see if u like wht u are seeing. Black sheep MLM really dislike pple trying to know more about their products. A genuine MLM company is one where it trys to make u a loyal consumer first. (This way of distribution works thru building loyal customers since advertisement and marketing is minimal). If u dun see anything of this sort, its probably anr get-rich scheme.

My pt being, pyramid selling itself is not an evil. Its just a different way of distribution.

Originally posted by e_liau
...and that include insurance agents...
:bsmilie: Hehehe... :bsmilie:
Quite true..... :D

Nice Jack Russel U have there as ur Avatar.

I agree with shadus dat certain MLM r black sheep. This company we r toking about seems a little shady.
They reward their staff with BMW if they hit certain sales targets. :what:

But basically MLM works well in the States as u have mentioned.
As 4 me, it really depends on the company dat approaches me.
4 J life, I'll give it a miss. Wasted my time attending the session & almost got roped in... Gheez.....

Anybody heard abt E Excel?

Well at least they are very willing to "educate" me on their whole range of products.

But I'm still apprehensive abt the whole thing :dunno:

Originally posted by e_liau
...and that include insurance agents...

:bsmilie:
why run from them. usually get free coffee at least. try to ask for breakfast :p

Actually the funniest sales tactic is the one around orchard where they ask u to rub some cards, and then they'll go "waaahhh.... you so lucky... get first prize ah...!!!".

The 3rd time I ran into such a person, I can't help burst out laughing. Caught the gal off guard :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Shadus
There's a lot of black sheeps in MLM. But I feel we need to look at things in perspective.

NB: I myself am skeptical of all MLM companies, but in all fairness here goes:-

If (and its a big 'if'), you start a company and have a good product A. And you wish to promote and distribute your product. There are actually 2 major methods to do that

Manufacturer -> Global distributor -> Regional distributor -> local distributor -> Promoter -> Consumers

Add to the profit each level makes, you got to pump in money for advistisment, marketing effort, extra warehouse stock level so that product will always hv stock etc, and of coz, R&D cost

The team of sales person is where the MLM schemes come in. Usually, advistisement and marketing effort is cut to minimum. Most of the cost involved is in paying the "pyramid structure" as most pple would put it.

MLM is rather the norm in US. There are some big name products that are distributed in such a manner. In singapore, it is still viewed with much skeptism as there are many black sheeps around. (ie, they're not true manufacturers, but just bulk buyers and then they establish a so-call MLM company already).

So next time u run into a MLM promoter, stop and do a quick evaluation of whether its worth the time. The simplest test is to look at the product first and see if u like wht u are seeing. Black sheep MLM really dislike pple trying to know more about their products. A genuine MLM company is one where it trys to make u a loyal consumer first. (This way of distribution works thru building loyal customers since advertisement and marketing is minimal). If u dun see anything of this sort, its probably anr get-rich scheme.

My pt being, pyramid selling itself is not an evil. Its just a different way of distribution.

They claim that their products are cheaper than over the counter items but the reality is that its not, due to the multi-level commissions paid out!

one thing i really can't stand is that the product is mark up over 400% and when method of distribution is already cut down to the minimum with only 3 lvls guess the where the bulk of the profit goes to? well ur guess is as good as mine.

btw a little correction the name of the company is asayo group and the name of the company their product is from is called japan life. anyway i decided not to go down to their final 'interview'. i bet they tell every1 there's a selection process but i think bullshit loh sure can get in one. They even make u think that u're a choosen few by saying that there's a ongoing project called TOP and that they are only recruiting top talents to join their management.....oh pleeeeze.

I had a friend who was brought into that company. He called me up cos he used to work in my department while he was in NS. HE said he needed to do some interviews to clock up his training os i thought why not?

Bad idea.

They were trying to promote the magnetic stuff to me, VERY DESPERATELY. And by what tactics? By explaining all the little details of Diabetes and high Blood pressures... blah blah... and guess what? I'm a medic... as the fellow jolly well knows as he worked in my medical centre as an ambulance drver....

Shouldn't they at least change the sales pitch?? How to bluff me like that?

hmm...find that Japan life products quite ok leh, bought the magnetic mattress roughly abt 2k for my dad. at least my dad could sleep properly now...unlike the past, he had trouble sleeping every nite. :thumbsup: :)

Yeah but the sales tactics quite bad. talk to me for nearly 4 hours and I couldn't just walk off cos he's my friend you know.

Originally posted by Silverelf
Yeah but the sales tactics quite bad. talk to me for nearly 4 hours and I couldn't just walk off cos he's my friend you know.

hehe...same here..but bought a mattress, and some magnetic bracelets for my family. although they dun look really nice, but i am sure it works. but kinda ex leh... imagine paying for a bracelet $200+-...:(

My mum bought something similar.... for $10. If I bought anything from Japan Life she would scold me till Kingdom Come......

Lets name all these MLM

PS: I am not related to any MLM as as their agent or distributor

1. Nuskin
2. Amway
3. Belair
4. Cosway (amway equalivlent from M'sia)
5. Japan Life

Originally posted by Shadus

perhaps may I just add. I am no fan of MLM I always feel that MLM are all schemes regardless of the pitch of shorter distributor change and no marketing = less cost to consumers. NAH that is not true. The MLM people also compare themselves to franchises wich is bunch of bull. I am not econ student but I work for a Large coporate in sales long enough to feel that its a scam. The MLM people are not here to stay long why? because in the event the market get saturated i.e. all users are sales person they have to rebrand - rename and come up with a new MLM product. Now lets look at a normal company where it would know how many sales office there are and what is the forcast in sales. Thus with forcast the company can make stocking arrangement to manfacuture enough products to supply the customers. In MLM there is no such thing. Every sales person is a user. So how can there be forcast? The engine would keep churing and the MLM keep growing and finally when the market saturate a large base of people would be the ones paying for the whole scheme. Now any MLM person would tell you that you are not the last and a cycle of active and inactive sales people would always be there. Aks them if they knoe how many are there can they tell you? No because they have no control over it. Its all abt the joinging fee the starter package they they want you to buy.

One example was a friend of my who join nuskin.. paid $1000 for the start up kit and then hosted a few of those what nuskin party then wah lah.. can't survive so go back to work.. the $1000 worth of what ever is not for self usage.

Well everyday a fool is born..... So don't be the fool

1. Nuskin
2. Amway
3. Belair
4. Cosway (amway equalivlent from M'sia)
5. Japan Life
6. WBG (Office in Suntec)
7. Astro (Somewhere in Eunos)

Went for one of their "pep talk" at Astro before. Now whenever I encounter people who suddenly walk up to me and ask me those standard ridiculous questions, I'll just walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.