Any one can advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Jan 8, 2004
Do anyone knows what compact camera can connect to a video monitor or Monitor/TV with video input during the photo taking process?
My objective is to mount my camera on a stand or platform and view it in the video monitor. Is this possible? What compact camera has a video output that can be connected to a monitor?
Besides that, does anyone know is there a shutter count problems on compact camera. This camera will be going thru probably 100000+ shots during the whole process.
Anyone...

I duno about TV, but Canon S3 IS can shoot from a computer/laptop. Shutter count life, no idea...:)

Dan said:
Do anyone knows what compact camera can connect to a video monitor or Monitor/TV with video input during the photo taking process?
My objective is to mount my camera on a stand or platform and view it in the video monitor. Is this possible? What compact camera has a video output that can be connected to a monitor?
Besides that, does anyone know is there a shutter count problems on compact camera. This camera will be going thru probably 100000+ shots during the whole process.
Anyone...

i think it's safe to say that most non-DSLR digital cameras with a Video Out connection will allow you to do that. I know Canon's PowerShot and Ixus cameras can do this. As for shutter, it's not mechanical, so should not be a problem. However, with that many shots, you may have to do a file number reset somewhere along the process. Oh, btw, how are you planning to trigger the shutter, since you mentioned it will be on a stand/platform?

Yah, I think if you connect to a comp and write a proggy to take care of the file number and shutter firing sequence, then all solved.:)

fireframe said:
i think it's safe to say that most non-DSLR digital cameras with a Video Out connection will allow you to do that. I know Canon's PowerShot and Ixus cameras can do this. As for shutter, it's not mechanical, so should not be a problem. However, with that many shots, you may have to do a file number reset somewhere along the process. Oh, btw, how are you planning to trigger the shutter, since you mentioned it will be on a stand/platform?

fireframe said:

Any particular compact camera that comes with a remote control (Shutter, zoom & focus-if any) & video output? Btw, the camera must be able to take micro shot about 5" from the object.
No particular about brand, megapixel, memory(CF or SD).
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.