any non distinct good camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitkat

Mar 5, 2005
Hi, looking for a pouch (not lowepro or popular camera branded bag) to put a small body + fix lens , that is less camera distinct cover (not wanting to attact attention). Are there any recommended ?

cheers

Go for crumpler.. Good! It's so distinctly non distinct and expensive and eye catching that thieves overseas target them rather than actual camera bags nowadays.
:p

Hi, looking for a pouch (not lowepro or popular camera branded bag) to put a small body + fix lens , that is less camera distinct cover (not wanting to attact attention). Are there any recommended ?

cheers

NTUC plastic bag.... Just J/K... :bsmilie:
Too stressed at work.. a bit cranky.

:D i'm newbie
U want to use it for street ? Then i have 1 suggestion, Tamrac velocity sling bag. If u don't want big one,try th velocity 07,medium is the velocity 08,for me the 09 is big :). Doesn't quite look like a camera bag at all, and sad to say this but the Tamrac logo make it look like made by China company.

Go for crumpler.. Good! It's so distinctly non distinct and expensive and eye catching that thieves overseas target them rather than actual camera bags nowadays.
:p

But crumpler ... is not very good .

Anyway , will look for those "china" type bag and sew some padding. Maybe cheap n good... better than crumpler & lowepro ...

Oh ya, someone mention ntuc plastic bag too. :sticktong

:D i'm newbie
U want to use it for street ? Then i have 1 suggestion, Tamrac velocity sling bag. If u don't want big one,try th velocity 07,medium is the velocity 08,for me the 09 is big :). Doesn't quite look like a camera bag at all, and sad to say this but the Tamrac logo make it look like made by China company.

Thanks

Well, you can always make do with any of your existing bags. Just put some padding into the bag to help to cushion the camera and lenses while in the bag. Also, remember to keep a plastic bag in the bag. This will come handy when it rains and make full use of it to turn your bag into a AW (all weather) bag! I have seen people doing this and I am one of them. ;)

Good luck.

darlingbag.jpg

How about this??? Looks more like treasure bag!

Maybe u can drop by beach road army market to have a look... plenty of them... can choose the one that suits u most... ;)

Hehe, that looks more like the army SBO ...

looks like the blackhawk series of sbo from the us marine :bsmilie: fierce... personally i like the lowepro harness series have seen a fellow photographer using, didn't got chance to ask him where to get it :embrass:

Maybe u can drop by beach road army market to have a look... plenty of them... can choose the one that suits u most... ;)

think this is a gd idea too.

haha... i thot i was the only one ard in the ABL (Anything but Lowepro) camp, when it comes to camera bags...

i was at TK Foto yesterday. they just brought in a few samples of this brand called Desley (http://www.delseycamerabags.com/index.php). looks exactly like luggage bags, and very good paddings (IMO, it's an overkill... but heck, some people like their bags armoured). plus, they actually look good! :bsmilie:

priced almost ard the region of lowepro stealth series. ;)

If you want C&G (cheap & Good), go for school bags. For padding, go to any art/bookshop and you can find foam sheets of various thickness. Then this $10 bag can carry $10 -$20,000 of toys and hopefully it will not attract any thieve.

To strengthen the bag, affix another strip of polyester strap with superglue to all the joints.

As mentioned in earlier posts, always carry a spare plastic bag - NTUC size or the bigger sized and thicker RED colour PE bag from wet markets or Harvey Norman or John Little.

To make an expensive bag look cheap remove the famous brand tag or paste it over with any other brand of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.