Any Nikon user holding a Fuji S5 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
I had just purchased a second hand S5 Pro. The DR of the JPEG seems to be higher than the D300...Althought most review comment that D300 has a higher DR...

As anyone done any comparision?

I had just purchased a second hand S5 Pro. The DR of the JPEG seems to be higher than the D300...Althought most review comment that D300 has a higher DR...

As anyone done any comparision?

i have a s5pro with me right now, borrowed from a friend just to see what are the fuji users gloating about all the while. if i like it i've the option of taking over it for $650

yes the DR in my opinion, out of camera jpg, is more than a stop of advantage over nikon, but still in both cases, there are scenes that still need HDR and a single shot on the fuji still cannot nail it.

i find slight exposure in-accuracy on manual lenses too, not too sure what is the issue here, a little under to what i like, either the lens or the conservative metering/curves of the fuji.

nice to have, a little sluggish thats all.

How about the skin tones,which is better?

How about the skin tones,which is better?
in F2 skin tone is very wierd, f1a skin tone is nice for portrait.

the autowhite balance tends to correct better than nikon giving truer coloers, but as a matter of better or not, its up to personal preference. nikon tends to have over warm auto/wb sensing.

in terms of ambient light photog, the auto WB tends to correct it, and thus the "ambience" is lost.

i have a s5pro with me right now, borrowed from a friend just to see what are the fuji users gloating about all the while. if i like it i've the option of taking over it for $650

yes the DR in my opinion, out of camera jpg, is more than a stop of advantage over nikon, but still in both cases, there are scenes that still need HDR and a single shot on the fuji still cannot nail it.

i find slight exposure in-accuracy on manual lenses too, not too sure what is the issue here, a little under to what i like, either the lens or the conservative metering/curves of the fuji.

nice to have, a little sluggish thats all.

I second your comment, psychobiologist. I would say that the S5 Pro complements well with the D300 in terms of color and DR. While the D300 in the aspect of speed and respond.

I have not tried the 14bit RAW file to test out on the DR against the S5 Pro's RAW. Will try it out one day...

in F2 skin tone is very wierd

Haha... I don't think the F2 film simulation is meant for taking people... It's Fuji Velvia simulation... Skin tones will look too saturated.

I second your comment, psychobiologist. I would say that the S5 Pro complements well with the D300 in terms of color and DR. While the D300 in the aspect of speed and respond.

I have not tried the 14bit RAW file to test out on the DR against the S5 Pro's RAW. Will try it out one day...

yup, i might be taking over that s5pro just for keeps sake.

like most of the people whom had asked me abt nikon and other camps during meetups etc, i would always tell them, no matter what many people still post process their pictures anyway, even my friend who dumped his s5pro with me for a full frame, used to be twiddling around the fuji utilities than using its "out of cam JPG"

nobody would need an s5 just to be able to take great pictures anyway. its just an added bonus for anyone to rescue some exposure inaccuracy resulting in excessive shadows or blown highlights, like not every wedding photographer would blow his highlights on wedding dresses using a nikon or canon, pentax nor sony.

the film mode had been touch in fujifilm thread , basically for F2 mode u might want to minus the color -1 or -2 normally for landscape hardly for skintone

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.