Any nikon coolpix 2100 users.. help & advice needed fr. U...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silverspark77

Hi!!!....I have been thinking of getting a nikon coolpix 2100.. now got offer somemore $449... got free the 64MB CF card...

BUT!!! heard from others tat nikon camera actually died when they were on vacation to cool countries... How true is tat?? :dunno:

I am not a professional photographer.. just need a camera to take fun stuffs like for a vacation... do you think that i shld get this cam?? or something else?? please give your suggestion and advice...

Realy do appreciate them.. Thanks a million!!!

p.s where you you guys develop the photos?? And cheaper places in the west area like jurong?? i dun like CD-R then how?? give the CF card to the pple there izzit??

Originally posted by silverspark77
Hi!!!....I have been thinking of getting a nikon coolpix 2100.. now got offer somemore $449... got free the 64MB CF card...

BUT!!! heard from others tat nikon camera actually died when they were on vacation to cool countries... How true is tat?? :dunno:

I am not a professional photographer.. just need a camera to take fun stuffs like for a vacation... do you think that i shld get this cam?? or something else?? please give your suggestion and advice...

p.s where you you guys develop the photos?? And cheaper places in the west area like jurong?? i dun like CD-R then how?? give the CF card to the pple there izzit??

Nikon 2100 is a fine camera. Camera that died in cold area may be due to condensation on camera's electronics, it will happen to any camera if u are not careful. Other problem could be due to some battery which does not work well if temp is too cold.

Lastly, u'll need CD-R to store your pictures, if not where are you going to keep them for your great grand children to see? Laslty, yes, you can give your CF to them to copy to their HD. ;) :)

Originally posted by shutterbug
Nikon 2100 is a fine camera. Camera that died in cold area may be due to condensation on camera's electronics, it will happen to any camera if u are not careful. Other problem could be due to some battery which does not work well if temp is too cold.

Ah.... how to be careful huh?? so tat condensation dun happen??

are there other reasons as to why nikon camera fails in cool countries.. cuz' what i heard from other net-surfers are tat only nikon and fuji cam. died... but the others like olympus and canon works well... <-- are these just rumours?? :dunno:

P.s.thanks shutterbug.... ;)

Ah.... how to be careful huh?? so tat condensation dun happen??

are there other reasons as to why nikon camera fails in cool countries.. cuz' what i heard from other net-surfers are tat only nikon and fuji cam. died... but the others like olympus and canon works well... <-- are these just rumours?? :dunno:

P.s.thanks shutterbug.... ;)

First of all, these are just rumours from some overly zealous individuals with information most probably gotten from advertisements. Electronics will fail under extreme conditions regardless of brandname unless it has very specific weather sealings and the the application of common sense during usage.

A good method in preventing condensation is to keep your camera in your jacket until you need to use it, the key here is to keep it warm to avoid unnecessary exposure to the elements. To further ensure its continued functionality, try not to use them for a prolonged period of time under extreme weathers (eg. snowing, raining conditions)

Read up the specification for your 2100, I am sure there is a section in the manual that covers operational temperature.

Hope this help :)

Mine freezed or hanged when i was in new zealand. What i did was remove the battery and put it back and its working again.

Hey!!! Thanks a lot for the tips....

Thanks to shutterbug, Avatar and Kerwen!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.