any new and hot handphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why most mobile phones selling in SG don't have optical zoom.

iPhone cost about USD$399 for 8GB and USD$499 for 16GB. Unlock locally for $35. That's what my boss told me cos he is showing off his new 16GB iphone to everyone.

No offend but this is maybe just me. The iPhone has already been around in the US for a year now and I have seen some "renegade" ones being flashed about every now and again. But looking at the iphone now. The design seem very dated. It does not seem to have that classic style that can stand the test of time and design unlike the ipod. Another one is the Mac Pro silver notebook....I almost bought one last year but in the end it just looked "tired". I am no big time designer lah but some how...the who look and the lines on it just don't gel do me any more.. I really hope by the time they sell the iphone in Asia...a new fresh look will be introduced. Maybe we are now spoilt for choice thus it is harder and harde to come out with packaging designs that can last beyond a year.

As I say...this is just maybe me lah hehe....

No offend but this is maybe just me. The iPhone has already been around in the US for a year now and I have seen some "renegade" ones being flashed about every now and again. But looking at the iphone now. The design seem very dated. It does not seem to have that classic style that can stand the test of time and design unlike the ipod. Another one is the Mac Pro silver notebook....I almost bought one last year but in the end it just looked "tired". I am no big time designer lah but some how...the who look and the lines on it just don't gel do me any more.. I really hope by the time they sell the iphone in Asia...a new fresh look will be introduced. Maybe we are now spoilt for choice thus it is harder and harde to come out with packaging designs that can last beyond a year.

As I say...this is just maybe me lah hehe....

At least to me, the design is not dated. :lovegrin:

in short...mechanical parts. Very delicate and compact mechanical moving parts tightly intergrated into a small phone???? That is just way too hard to do without compromising handling and worst..mishandling of it. There is also the cost factor I would think. I am sure it can be done but at what cost?

If I carry my DSLR around as often as I do..I would rather nikon built in a SIM card device and mobile phone system into my camera heheh...then I use my bluetooth to talk and listen. Read my sms through the large LCD monitor at the back heheh...

Those ugly Nokias had them. but the pictures were still lousy. The new Samsung has a 3x optical zoom, and the upcoming SE phones have some with optical zoom as well.

The main problem is SPACE. You need room for the lens, and a lot of added weight.

available in sgp already or those must hack ones?

phoakm, what do you mean by usage preference?

hacked ones lah..

even if it comes here you need to hack it, if not u can't use the 3rd parties softwares :(

where can i get a hacked i-phone?

Can discuss this things here one meh? :thumbsd:

motorola is dying, and they're trying to sell off the cellphone division. Plus, they're very fragile and the UI is horrible.

Agree with the first and the last part but this phone has so much metal in it. ;p

feel like changing handphone again.

cant seem to find my old thread.

was looking at the nokia 8800 arte.
anyone has this?feedback please?

I hv a N95 if you are interested. Still have 3 months warranty.
Bundled with 2 additional battery and one additional charger[direct to battery].
[std is one battery and one travel charger].

Let me know if interested.
Thanks

since this thread is bout hp just ask ur opinion.
if u had a choice between Sony K530i, LG KU 380, nOKIA 6120... which will u choose for regular used?

jeanie i thought u got ipod touch liao right? if u got ipod touch liao, then dun bother getting iphone coz they are almost the same. Might as well get another high-end phone which looks different.

Really? Can I make calls and send messages via SMS with the iTouch? If I can then I'll get the iTouch already...

itouch is the iphone minus the phone functions..

anyways, AT&T is having 4gb iPhones for US$199...haha i'm going to see if i can pick one up this weekend...
((=

sell you guys S$500 ok? free shipping from uncle LBK

Status
Not open for further replies.