any neck strap better than crumpler industry disgrace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyames

Aug 20, 2009
hi!

i've been looking for neck strap for quite some time now.

the best i've seen is the crumpler canon industry disgrace.

does anybody know any THICKER (more cushion) dslr neck strap available?

i'd prefer if there are no brands or labels.

thanks!

hi!

i've been looking for neck strap for quite some time now.

the best i've seen is the crumpler canon industry disgrace.

does anybody know any THICKER (more cushion) dslr neck strap available?

i'd prefer if there are no brands or labels.

thanks!

U can try Optech straps.

The Kata strap isn't a bad choice as well if you dont like prominent logos

1. Optech

2. Matin

I am looking for the same thing too.

I have the matin. No wide or soft enough still and I do not like the "springiness" of it. My camera seems to be like a yoyo.

As for the optec, they seem to be the widest around. Just saw at Cathay. I have not seen the Kata one yet.

Actually, the R strap also quite wide. But I think still not enough cushioning. I am having neck and shoulder pain from using it too long.

I vote for matin as well, cheap & good enough.

I think Op-Tech straps are the best available in the market for heavy DSLR set-ups although the design is nothing special (especially when compared to those fancy R-Straps). The neoprene material used is really comfortable and I barely feel the weight of my 1D Mk2 and 70-200 combo on it.

Go Optech! love it

Optech user aswell.. :thumbsup: @TS check the Optech Classic strap.

after a while, the neckstrap just gets in my way (it keeps falling in and across the viewfinder especially when i do vertical shots. used the crumpler and optech before, its just bulk and gets in the way. am using just more of the handstrap now. with canon thus am using the E1 handstrap
12984.jpg

image from bhphoto.

Am going get the Black Rapid Strap also, faster access, hassle free!

this is personal preference.

some people might like something else that's not so cushioned.

Definitely Op-Tech. Use it for both my DSLR & my shoulder bag :D

i'm like an idiot
i use both the handstap [camera to BG]
and neck strap [camera]
all at the same time
It's all personal preference. I have a Matin handstrap which i loop from my QR plate at the bottom of the camera to the top of the camera as I hate battery grips.
I also use the Op-Tech strap at the same time so it's much more practical if you want to take your hand off the camera.

after a while, the neckstrap just gets in my way (it keeps falling in and across the viewfinder especially when i do vertical shots. used the crumpler and optech before, its just bulk and gets in the way. am using just more of the handstrap now. with canon thus am using the E1 handstrap
12984.jpg

image from bhphoto.

Am going get the Black Rapid Strap also, faster access, hassle free!

Hi there, do we need a battery grip to have the above grip attached to the camera? I am also looking for such a grip (where can I get one?). Do people use the neck strap with the hand grip? And do you leave it on when you store your camera in the dry box/cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.