Any Miller and Kreisel speaker users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Hi,

Any hi-fi enthusiasts here using M&K speakers?

I have an old set comprising of S-3B satellites and V-3B sub. Had them for more than 10 years already and still love them.

Last Friday I managed to buy a 2nd-hand V-75 MKII sub for a nice price of US$99. It has a 12-inch cone with 75W amplifier. Added it to my home theatre system and impressed even my wife, who usually don't pay much attention to such things.

The guy who sold me the sub also has 3 units of LCR-55 MKII (left, centre and right setup). I did not buy because I don't have any more budget, but really am tempted now...

- Roy

10 years and still going good eh? :bsmilie: ... yeap, i still remember going into the old plaza singapure showroom (now they're located in a corner in adelphi) ... and having an audition. Prologic was the craze that time ... but no budget for the set... really :sweat: .. but the sound quality is really great coupled with the right setup. If you thought the sub you bought was good, the in thing now are SVS subwoofers...which are, another story altogether.

Ended up using Klipsch. As with your M&K speakers, the klipschs are still surviving till today, doing HT and another pair, music... if you feel the itch for an upgrade, go for it.:devil:

hmmm ....... I am a MISSION fan ... still using them after 11 years :) I still ve the 750L ..... no , it's not an L lens :bsmilie:

oops, I mean the 750LE la ;p

AhV said:
hmmm ....... I am a MISSION fan ... still using them after 11 years :) I still ve the 750L ..... no , it's not an L lens :bsmilie:

'

:bsmilie: ... i've got 2 missions at home - 733i biamped and 700.. they sound really sweet especially the 733i once they're biamped .. a whole range opens up

yea ..yea...MISSION is :thumbsup:

I still ve my 780SE and 750LE ..... I only bi-wire them only.....would love a pair of 753 during my time..but I have 'psycho-ed' my fren to buy them ...waiting for her to sell me second-hand :devil:

Mission's speakers are warmth....

reachme2003 said:
Mission's speakers are warmth....

sort of ... I am sure you are aware it's the whole setup that will determine the sound u eventually hear..... placement of speakers according to your area size is also important. For e.g. I will not use a MARANTZ CD-player with my MISSION setup ...so, it's really a mix and match thingy. When I first started, I thought hard ...eventually I ended up with the following as a 'poor' student hi-fi setup 10 years ago:

1. DENON tuner
2. KENWOOD amp
3. PIONEER CD player <---- compliments MISSION speakers very well
4. SONY MD Deck
5. YAMAHA tape deck <----- we still had those 11 years ago :bsmilie:
6. MISSION speakers
7. Interconnects/ cables <---- depending on budget lo
8. Speaker stands <--- yes, they do make a difference
9. Proper Hi-Fi rack

After graduation, I shipped all these back to "HOME SWEET HOME" - Sin-ga-pore :lovegrin: bcos I cant bear to part with them. I still love them as they still bring me lots of enjoyment. To top it off, if you are afraid of noise pollution at night, plug in a sennheiser HD-600 or 650 headphone ( it's well worth the money )...that will bring music enjoyment to another level.....Heaven, man ;p

AhV said:

Another MISSION speakers user here....have the classic 753 floorstanders....still sounding solid after more than 10 years of service. :thumbsup: You need a good beefy amp to make them sing though. Sweet sounding and warmish. Recently acquired a pair of 2nd hand MISSION M30 bookshelf speakers for bedroom usage.

MK is a great brand, esp their satellite/subwoofer combo. Sounds great. Last time I remember a CD shop at Far East Plaza was using them.

AhV said:
sort of ... I am sure you are aware it's the whole setup that will determine the sound u eventually hear..... placement of speakers according to your area size is also important. For e.g. I will not use a MARANTZ CD-player with my MISSION setup ...so, it's really a mix and match thingy. When I first started, I thought hard ...eventually I ended up with the following as a 'poor' student hi-fi setup 10 years ago:

1. DENON tuner
2. KENWOOD amp
3. PIONEER CD player <---- compliments MISSION speakers very well
4. SONY MD Deck
5. YAMAHA tape deck <----- we still had those 11 years ago :bsmilie:
6. MISSION speakers
7. Interconnects/ cables <---- depending on budget lo
8. Speaker stands <--- yes, they do make a difference
9. Proper Hi-Fi rack

After graduation, I shipped all these back to "HOME SWEET HOME" - Sin-ga-pore :lovegrin: bcos I cant bear to part with them. I still love them as they still bring me lots of enjoyment. To top it off, if you are afraid of noise pollution at night, plug in a sennheiser HD-600 or 650 headphone ( it's well worth the money )...that will bring music enjoyment to another level.....Heaven, man ;p

Erh .. yours considered "poor student" ? :think: considering 10 years again back when the Pioneer A400 was all the rage .. for me, during my entire NS stint .. bought me :

Pre-amp/tuner - adcom
Amp - Samson (class B PA amp)
CDP - AMC
MD - Sony
Speakers - Soundcraft Absolute Zero
Stands - atacama (sand filled)
I/C - Monster / XLO Pro / Canare
Rack - Metal / Glass shelves with spikes
Antenna - Magnum Dynalabs

:sweat:

My humble set:

B&W P4 floorstander speakers
Chord Company Flatline twin speaker cable
Audiolab 800A Integrated Amp
Pioneer CD Player (can't remember model)
AudioAlchemy DAC
Audioquest Interconnect

Another Mission user here...using floorstanding 704 and bookshelf 701 :lovegrin: For the price I can't complaint as similar specs one all cost so much more :sweat:

OMG .. this thread has become a hifi equipment listing thread :bsmilie: :sweat:

dEthANGeL said:
OMG .. this thread has become a hifi equipment listing thread :bsmilie: :sweat:

Also became a Mission thread instead of M&K...:)

Anyway, just to generate some discussion. Anything goes.

Will be getting the 3 pcs of LCR-55s tomorrow. Settled for a price of US$195. Hopefully they will be noticeably better than my current Mordaunt Short MS-20i.

Status
Not open for further replies.