Any Maxonline users experiencing connection problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
I've been experiencing it since yesterday; tried calling their tech support and I'd been put on hold.

Just wanna find out whether my problem area, i.e. Geylang is an isolated case.

Maxonline getting unstable these days. Have a lot of friends encountering this problem. Usually it's gateway unreachable.

Adam

there is definitely something wrong with Maxonline for the past week.

just last evening around nine, I was unable to receive data via the cable modem... I called SCV for seven times before I got through. Was immediately informed by the voice message that my area was facing a problem at the moment. 15 minutes later, the system came back on... weird

i only got problem yesterday from 1am to 1.30am

gateway unreachable

reset modem a few times also no use...but suddenly it is back online again

Originally posted by Newbiez
i hub you hub
i disconnect you disconnect
*LOL*

i only got disconnect problem quite long b4, now no problem already. however my friend said his ip is changed but my ip still 202.156.... how about u guys? :eek:

i've been experiencing problems as well. the whole modem sometimes just appears dead...... only power light on.

and sometimes i just get d/c for nothing..... i have to either wait, or reboot pc, modem and router to get back online....

This is pretty common and occurs from time to time.
Its why i always say "SCV sucks!"

recently, mine is very stable this week though.

Originally posted by Shadus
This is pretty common and occurs from time to time.
Its why i always say "SCV sucks!"

recently, mine is very stable this week though.

:confused: I must agree... it's true :confused:

Originally posted by AdamGoi
I've been experiencing it since yesterday; tried calling their tech support and I'd been put on hold.
Just wanna find out whether my problem area, i.e. Geylang is an isolated case.
My friend in Bukit Batok also got problem with his MaxOnline in the last few days.

Luckily I had terminated my MaxOnline one year ago, and change to Singnet Broadband. Feel comfortable with it till now.

Originally posted by tsdh

My friend in Bukit Batok also got problem with his MaxOnline in the last few days.

Luckily I had terminated my MaxOnline one year ago, and change to Singnet Broadband. Feel comfortable with it till now.

Do you have to pay for the phone charges if you are using SIngnet Broadband? Or is it toll-free?

Hi AG,

Am facing the same problem too.... but i guess what they did yesterday was "upgrading" their system, hence, the disconnections and slowing down. (see this : http://maxonline.starhub.com/promo/maxonline_customer_only_message.asp )

In fact, I'm so put off by their so-called "24 hrs" but always-put-on-hold helpline that I've email my complaint to IDA. However, what i got back as reply from scv (see below) was to send them all sorts of pings and trace routes for their checking. According to the ppl at hwz ( http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?threadid=350706 ), even after giving them the infos, scv would reply that they are doing system maintenance. wtf! that's why i din reply them.:thumbsd:
This is getting bad!!! ;( ;(

Dear xxx,
>
> We thank you for your email dated 14 December 2002.
>
> We wish to apologise for the difficulty in getting through to us. We are
> also recruiting and rescheduling our staffing to meet incoming call
> traffic demands. Meanwhile we wish to enquire the following to investigate
> the cause of problem.
>
> - Your full address and contact number
> - Date and Time that you will be online
> - Are you using any router, firewall or tweaking software
> - What are the URLs of the sites that you encounter slowness
> - Time of lag occurs
> - Is the connection disconnected from surfing, gaming or file transfer
- How do you get back online when disconnected occurs

> We thank you for your kind patience and understanding for the
> inconvenience caused
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Felicia Chang
> Customer Affairs
> StarHub

Originally posted by Falcon
Do you have to pay for the phone charges if you are using SIngnet Broadband? Or is it toll-free?
No phone charges. It always connected (mine is unlimited access) like SCV, and the voice phone still can be used normally.

i dunno if its my smr router or scv but my connection kept dying off for the past few weeks...had to off and on my router and release and renew my dns b4 it can work again. at first i off both the router and modem but i juz found out off the router can liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.