any mac user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denis

Feb 24, 2004
hi there, jst gt a new mac not long ago. wasnt that use to it switching over. i got some files and game, which ended .exe, is there any programe that can read those files?

Get Virtual PC. It simulates Windows on a Mac. Of course it makes your mac run more slowly.

denis said:
hi there, jst gt a new mac not long ago. wasnt that use to it switching over. i got some files and game, which ended .exe, is there any programe that can read those files?

Welcome over... to the Mac-side :)

Not sure if u've tried, but have u tried searching for the Mac versions for ur files? They usually end with extensions like .dmg or .sit

no point using VPC... it is so dog slow you can cry.

but for the sake of compatibility, one may have to take a dip once in a while.

thanks for helping me!
i've been searching some programe that can read .exe but i stil can't find. the VPC, i can't use it, seems to have some erro on it.

Anymore suggestion?

ckiang: u're saying find an alternative, maybe you can name some for me?

Welcome to the Mac world haha....
No all games or software can be use in Mac u need to read the instruction before install rite? well... sad to said that mac do not have alot of game like PC coz it a pro toy.. So wat mac u got? The new Emac or Mac mini?

for real, e game isn't mine, my cousin's. if mac can play most game that will be WoOooOoood!!!! . . . .nope, G 5. like that i gotta give up e Counter Strike :(

0u can try luck on V.Pc but u need to set the ram n space u want in the V.Pc if not get a Mac version game where u can buy in apple center or check the detail before you buy :) G5 kinda cool if u get it with a super big apple screen...... drooling....... hee hee my friend bought a G5 for server his really crazy but his earning big buck i think

denis said:
for real, e game isn't mine, my cousin's. if mac can play most game that will be WoOooOoood!!!! . . . .nope, G 5. like that i gotta give up e Counter Strike :(

i think playing CS on VPC on a mac is no-no... it'll be too laggy... that's one of the drawbacks of using a mac actually.. less games to play... well, that's y i still have a cheap windoze machine for me to play games at home.. hehehe... :sweat:

but if u r gonna run less processor intensive windoze stuff, VPC will do just fine, esp on a G5... hmmm... and i think VPC 6.1 does not run on a G5, u gotta get VPC 7, which for the same price can get u a cheap windoze box lar... hehe.... it's ur choice... :) (well, there other other cheaper alternatives too... ;))

denis said:
thanks for helping me!
i've been searching some programe that can read .exe but i stil can't find. the VPC, i can't use it, seems to have some erro on it.

Anymore suggestion?

ckiang: u're saying find an alternative, maybe you can name some for me?

what are the programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.