Any Lumix DMC-TZ1 users here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejal

Deregistered
May 4, 2005
End of the Line
Hi,
just wanna find out if there are any users using the TZ1. How are the pics quality? :think:

eejal said:
Hi,
just wanna find out if there are any users using the TZ1. How are the pics quality? :think:

theres pretty much review on this camera around the internet, do a search and you can find.
anyway iirc the optic are pretty sharp but have pretty poor CA control at tele end of zoom (cannot blame also since its 10x zoom)

did a review in dpreview. but i'd prefer to see how our forumers here find it. :D

thanks for the reply... :thumbsup:

TZ1 not bad. Sharpness is all right, but flash is a little weak.
I hope there were any ingenuous designs to attach close up filter to the front.

Comparing FX01 to TZ01, which is better?

Do u know the price range of TZ01? :)

bluey_gal said:
Comparing FX01 to TZ01, which is better?

Do u know the price range of TZ01? :)

to me fx01 and tz1 theres no fight. two hands up for tz1 (to me at least)
all i can see that fx01 is better than tz1 are:
28mm wide
smaller in weight/size

I agree that sharpness is on par with the better compact digitals costing above $700. At max zoom, sharpness deteriorates noticeably but unlikely to find any better at 10x among the compact digitals.

Also noise starts showing up at 200, particularly those underexposed portion of the photos. You get mostly excellent pictures if keep below ISO200, less than 5x zoom, faster than 1/30s, OIS at 2, outdoor picture with less coverage of dark shade and minmum backlight.

very informative reply bro... espescially for a newbie like me. :thumbsup:

I have one and this is my experience (i use it for casual shooting).

2) Zoom v. good.

Dislikes
1) Images without flash very noisy and WB screwy
2) With zoom on and handheld, very difficult to have clear pics.

Overall, from what i see from F30 pics posted, that might be better for someone who wants good pics but TZ1 is pretty good all round.

digitalbuff said:
I have one and this is my experience (i use it for casual shooting).

2) Zoom v. good.

Dislikes
1) Images without flash very noisy and WB screwy
2) With zoom on and handheld, very difficult to have clear pics.

Overall, from what i see from F30 pics posted, that might be better for someone who wants good pics but TZ1 is pretty good all round.

erm using any camera at long focal length is always difficult, so can't really blame TZ1.:nono:

My seldom go beyond 6x (equiv 200mm for 35mm camera). At this focal length, even professional will advise to use tripod or at least lean elbow to a structure to avoid shaking.

Also don't zoom indoor without flash. Slower shutter or higher ISO unlikely to give good picture. Anyone found a compatible high speed 2G SD?

anglim said:
My seldom go beyond 6x (equiv 200mm for 35mm camera). At this focal length, even professional will advise to use tripod or at least lean elbow to a structure to avoid shaking.

Also don't zoom indoor without flash. Slower shutter or higher ISO unlikely to give good picture. Anyone found a compatible high speed 2G SD?

Try kingston. :thumbsup:
aleast my 2gb elite pro works on my fz5 :sweatsm:

anglim said:

Hmmm i zoom quite a lot beyond 6x esp when i went on a Bird Park trip a mth or 2 back.
Think Tz1 did quite admirably.
I am using a Adata 2gb 150x and it works well.

ExplorerZ said:
erm using any camera at long focal length is always difficult, so can't really blame TZ1.:nono:

not blaming... just sharing:D my skill also got problem too but i really still like the cam

Thanks for the assuring TZ1 works perfectly at 10xzoom. Only cannot expect the same sharpess as without zoom. And perhaps, got to ensure shutter faster than 1/50, not easy to get undershade.

Can I ask using A-Data 2G SD, you got video of 30fps at 848x640 and sustained 10x zoom with 3fps picture as long as you wish? I searched the web, only Kingston officially certifies Elite Pro 1G (not the 32-bit 2G) is compatible with TZ1. Now seriously thinking of A-Data 2G from Active Photo for $85.

phantasmal said:
Hmmm i zoom quite a lot beyond 6x esp when i went on a Bird Park trip a mth or 2 back.
Think Tz1 did quite admirably.
I am using a Adata 2gb 150x and it works well.

anglim said:
Thanks for the assuring TZ1 works perfectly at 10xzoom. Only cannot expect the same sharpess as without zoom. And perhaps, got to ensure shutter faster than 1/50, not easy to get undershade.

Can I ask using A-Data 2G SD, you got video of 30fps at 848x640 and sustained 10x zoom with 3fps picture as long as you wish? I searched the web, only Kingston officially certifies Elite Pro 1G (not the 32-bit 2G) is compatible with TZ1. Now seriously thinking of A-Data 2G from Active Photo for $85.

Hmmm i wont say Tz1 isnt sharp at 10x lol.
Think its 848*480? Yup even my 1gb Elite Pro has no prob w it.
Yup High speed burst at 10x arent a big prob for Elite Pro and Adata 150x.
i took straight 700+ pics at the Bird Park using Adata 2gb and still has batt to review for a while.
Think any 2gb card works w Tz1, shouldnt be a prob.

anglim said:

yup i think kingston 2gb will work as well. my fz5 manual also state memory card up to 1gb, but i got no problem using my 2gb card, same goes for my d50. ;)

actually be it 1x zoom or 10x zoom or even 1000x zoom, it doesn't affects the speed of which ur camera can take pic.

Yes I meant continuous 848x480 at 10x zoom. Maybe I was wrong to think OIS works harder at max zoom to correct for all the shaking. Will take your advice for Elite Pro (2G or 1G?) and A-Data. Read in our manual it can accept only 16-bit SD and some 2G are 32-bit. Dunno Sandisk Ultra II can use or not. Active Foto prices irresistable for 2G SD and see any better deal in coming Comex for:

Sandisk Ultra II $65.90
Kingston Elite Pro $66.90
A-Data 150 $85.00

Once memory is 2G, can set permanent to 3-shot bracket for 2/3 tolerance. Then can choose the shot with the best exposed or least noisy composure. My TZ1 becomes a machine gun - probably can't miss the best shot liao.
If anyone looking for 1300mAh battery, less than $30 inc shipping at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Battery-for...ryZ43436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anglim said:
Yes I meant continuous 848x480 at 10x zoom. Maybe I was wrong to think OIS works harder at max zoom to correct for all the shaking. Will take your advice for Elite Pro (2G or 1G?) and A-Data. Read in our manual it can accept only 16-bit SD and some 2G are 32-bit. Dunno Sandisk Ultra II can use or not. Active Foto prices irresistable for 2G SD and see any better deal in coming Comex for:

Sandisk Ultra II $65.90
Kingston Elite Pro $66.90
A-Data 150 $85.00

Once memory is 2G, can set permanent to 3-shot bracket for 2/3 tolerance. Then can choose the shot with least noisy underexpose portion. Like 3-shot machine gun - probably can't miss the best shot liao.

If anyone looking for 1300mAh battery, less than $30 inc shipping at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Battery-for...ryZ43436QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
eh lol. bracket... don think anyone using it as permanent. :sweat:
actually in-camera metering not so jialat until need to bracket every shot la. so far my camera gives me pretty good reading, i only have to adjust when i find that there is a need.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.