Any lens to recommend??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhnln

Dec 20, 2006
Hi guy ,

any lens to recommend for indoor shot eg. wedding ....

What camera brand and model?

If you are using Nikon, the kit lens 18-70mm is good enough. It is better if you can buy 17-55mm or 17-35mm f/2.8 lens.

External speedlight/flash is a must if you don't want to loose the moment. SB800 is highly recommended.

Regards,
Arto.

What camera brand and model?

If you are using Nikon, the kit lens 18-70mm is good enough. It is better if you can buy 17-55mm or 17-35mm f/2.8 lens.

External speedlight/flash is a must if you don't want to loose the moment. SB800 is highly recommended.

Regards,
Arto.

I using nikon D50 . Wat d price for 17-35mm?? Third party??

do note the 3rd party 17-35mm ain't constant f2.8... but f2.8-4... if you are shooting digital only, might as well go for the 17-50 f2.8 range or so.

Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 Macro + SB-600 Flash! ;p

Me going to buy the flash tomorrow!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Check this:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190

I have meet one photographer using D50 with kit lens and hammer flash. The result is depend on photographer skill and knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of his/her equipment.

Regards,
Arto.

Check this:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190

I have meet one photographer using D50 with kit lens and hammer flash. The result is depend on photographer skill and knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of his/her equipment.

Regards,
Arto.

Agree. It's the man behind the camera that matters.

I would second the 17-55mm. It's nice, and very handy for indoor shots. (esp. in small rooms.) :bsmilie:

Get the 17-40mm for general purpose shooting, extension tubes to slap on esp when you are taking close ups on finger shots, ring close ups, etc. and prime lens like 50mm for bokeh and low light shooting

Actually your Nikon kit lens and a 50mm prime is good enough already. Oh, must have flash also. Do remember to watch the WB.

Save file as RAW file also very important :thumbsup: .

Nikon Capture or Nikon Capture NX is necesarry if you do RAW file. In certain degree, you can save WB error on your RAW photos with them.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.