Any left-handed fella here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Wonder how do u left-handed guyz get used to the camera.

My left-hand's exceptionally weak and I can't shoot properly with a steady hand if the firing trigger is activated by my right finger and my left hand's supporting the camera.

Any tips from left-hand shoot guyz? :(

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
jsbn said:

My left-hand's exceptionally weak and I can't shoot properly with a steady hand if the firing trigger is activated by my right finger and my left hand's supporting the camera.

rotate your cammie and use your left hand's fingers to press lor (upside down but still works the same). :bsmilie: *runs away*

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
there;s really no way out lor...just got to get used to it. i mean, last time fire m16 can change hand but cam they wont design left hand one lor :)

but strange leh..me righthanded but when i ride bicycle with 1 hand only, i can only do it with left hand on the bar. if i try use only right hand on the bar then i will crash :think:

Belle&Sebastain

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
I'm left handed too! that means my left hand is stronger than my right!

i use the left hand to hold the lens, if the lens is short, i use my left hand to hold the bottom grip for horizontal position, lens again for the portrait orientation.

Snowcrash

Jan 18, 2002
Western SG
Visit site
jsbn said:

you are left-handed and yet it is "exceptionally weak"?

I'm left handed too! but find no problem using right hand to shoot (M16/camera etc)

More importantly your master eye... right or left?

RossChang

May 2, 2004
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
Hi... the left hander sub user group...

Glad to see so many left handers around. I'm one of em.

My left hand tends to shake a bit when I am holding the lens with it while depressing the shuttle. Now I'm just tryign to get use to it :D:D

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Well, I'm a left-hander too, meaning I write and use chopsticks with my left hand, and it's marginally stronger than my right. ;)

Interestingly I fired the M16 with my right hand, and I play hockey with a right-handed stick. I also use the mouse using my right hand, and open cans with my right hand. :dunno:

I hold the camera as per right-handers as well. Added advantage being a left-hander since it holds the heavy part of the camera--the lens.

It all gets down to being adaptable. I think it's not a problem of being left-handed or right-handed, but more of getting proper handholding techniques.

And it's not the "shuttle". It's the shutter. :devil:

RossChang

May 2, 2004
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
used to use mouse with right hand... lately just switch to left hand :D:D, due to stupid T41 design, with USB port on left side... neitherway, got use to it... doesn't make much different

and yes... shutter :sweat: :sweat:

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Snowcrash said:
you are left-handed and yet it is "exceptionally weak"?

I'm left handed too! but find no problem using right hand to shoot (M16/camera etc)

More importantly your master eye... right or left?
Maybe I caused some confusions up there.

OK, I'm a weird case.

- My left eye's perfect vision and my right eye's terribly shortsighted.
- My stronger arm is my right arm, my left arm's near zero strength.
- I am right-handed (although I'm practicising writing using my left hand)
- I wear my watch on my right hand

Weirdo? Dun think I can change. :(

di0nysus

Jul 15, 2003
m
Visit site
Dear fellow lefties, I"m one too!

maybe someday we'll sit round a chinese round table for 10 and all using left hand to eat. won't that be great? ( no 'fighting' with the righthander on the left of us! )

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
ticopi said:
Can I join the subgroup?
I'm right-handed but have always been using mouse with left hand ;)
Oh yeah. I'd always thought I'm the weird one out.

Welcome to the group! :D

Bobo

I am a Leftivist too (write, chopstick and shoot :D (real gun ), . However my right hand is stronger. Uses my right for Camera shoot and mouse ....

zerofour

Mar 9, 2004
SG
Hahaha so many joker commenting funny jokes on left hander..... I'm a left hander but i dun think there is any problem i had using a normal cam. If you have problem i think the only solution is to use a tripod to assist you :dunno:. Shaky or not is depend on skill and training so take more pic or you will get to do better :)

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
zerofour said:
Hahaha so many joker commenting funny jokes on left hander..... I'm a left hander but i dun think there is any problem i had using a normal cam. If you have problem i think the only solution is to use a tripod to assist you :dunno:. Shaky or not is depend on skill and training so take more pic or you will get to do better :)
Think I have to do more bicep curve on my left hand....

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
di0nysus said:
Dear fellow lefties, I"m one too!

maybe someday we'll sit round a chinese round table for 10 and all using left hand to eat. won't that be great? ( no 'fighting' with the righthander on the left of us! )
Woohoo! That would be great! It's always super-irritating to be always "fighting" with the person on my left! :bsmilie:

Or we could always switch to western. Then again we will have a problem of picking up the wrong forks and knives from our neighbours--both left and right!

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
ticopi said:
Can I join the subgroup?
I'm right-handed but have always been using mouse with left hand ;)
Whoa! Can i join the subgroup too? i'm righthanded, but i dig my nose with my left hand.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
suddenly everybody become lefthanded :bsmilie: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.