Any known camera coming out for 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
ermm i posted this is hwz, until i recalled this forum :)

I am really interested in S40's spec and quality.. but hate the design.

I don't really need one yet as i got one but going to give it to someone else soon..

so anyone know any digital camera coming out for the next few months or 2002?

i dont want like "damn i should had waited for this" kind of reaction....

Too many. PMA (the photography trade show) is less than a month away. There should be quite a few new cameras being announced then.

is it going to be in Singapore?

erm if like that, i probably wait then.. cos i really dont like the S40's looks.. even the picture quality is so good for compact camera.

Originally posted by TsQ
is it going to be in Singapore?

erm if like that, i probably wait then.. cos i really dont like the S40's looks.. even the picture quality is so good for compact camera.

Actually, the wait is never ending. You wait for the next model, and when it's available, another new model will be announced/rumoured/etc. Just bite the bullet and buy the best you can afford now, if you need it that is.

Otherwise, continue to wait till you can no longer resist temptation. :D

Regards
CK

i know waiting for technology is useless as new things always come about..

but the thing now is that I dont like the S40's look.. and i really dont like any other digital camera (I need compact ones).. i know I should not judge by looks but i just like my toys to look pretty :)

so if i know soon there will be new models coming, i want to take a look.. if still look ugly then i probably get the S40

is the S40 really good? still wondering.. but when i compared it with the Sony P5, image looks a lot better from the canon.

Originally posted by TsQ
i know waiting for technology is useless as new things always come about..

but the thing now is that I dont like the S40's look.. and i really dont like any other digital camera (I need compact ones).. i know I should not judge by looks but i just like my toys to look pretty :)

so if i know soon there will be new models coming, i want to take a look.. if still look ugly then i probably get the S40

is the S40 really good? still wondering.. but when i compared it with the Sony P5, image looks a lot better from the canon.

The P5 is not all that fantastic actually. The uglier S40 is actually better, as you've pointed out. You might also want to check out the Minolta X when it's available, see if you like it's design.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

The P5 is not all that fantastic actually. The uglier S40 is actually better, as you've pointed out. You might also want to check out the Minolta X when it's available, see if you like it's design.

Regards
CK

Minolta X is ugly for me.. worst then S40..

P5's picture isnt great.. but the looks is nice.. furthermore i could get it for bout SGD830 from my bro in HK, which is cheap compared to here. Then again I rather pay extra and get S40 cos the quality is quite obvious.

so when is actuall date of PMA ?? is it in singapore ??

FujiFilm FinePrix
S2 [woohoo]
S60x [again? products that costs the top but offer the middle]

Sigma SA(D) 9 8P
[woohoo]

not-another coolpix
[yawn unless it really is new]
[ruggedised Casio already have]

Canon D60
[6mp CMOS? $6k? 6 AF points? hahaha implications]

Contax N1 digital
[carl zeiss lens till u cry, remote LCD, vapourware or obsolut]

pending:
minolta other than X
[stands for shxtty half-baked digital products along the way... they had the DSLR using vectis lenses someone in HWZ trying to sell for $1500, the semi SLRs Dim-mage 5/7 with power probs, so on so forth]
[hope these are just whimsy experiments before they intro something like the dynax 5/7/9 digital to blow everyone away]

olympus [dying dying dying from excess inventory no more innovation till the stocks get cleared]

sony [DDSSLR digital dreams sony slr]
[my first digicam? so surprised they didn't do the mp3/dcam combo]
[or have the F707U not V for UNSHAKEABLE or is it G now?]

others
[pentax? something radical like sigma? their Z model looked damn cool with the programmable priority OS]
[others?]

I would definitely be holding my breath for the Minolta Dynax 9D/7D when it comes out... at least I get to keep all my lenses...

Hee Hee, Minolta's D6/7's power problem not that bad as some claimed lah. Possible to get more than 80 pics from 1 set of freshly charged batteries... But then their quality not consistant one. Hee Hee...

Me wondering when they are going to put one of those X3 sensors into a Maxxum or Dynax.....

Originally posted by Liddo
I would definitely be holding my breath for the Minolta Dynax 9D/7D when it comes out... at least I get to keep all my lenses...
9D/7D ??? where you got the info? are you talking about Dimage 7 ??

Nope, just a bit of speculation on my part, cos minolta usually starts a new camera series with a pros in mind, as in the Maxxum 9xi and the Dynax 9... after a couple of years, they will improve on the design from the feedback and then come out with a prosumer camera that blows everyone away, as in the 7xi and the 7...

So I'm speculating that in the near future, minolta will design a D-SLR along the same lines.... in the meantime, I'll stick with my 707 and 7xi...

Status
Not open for further replies.