Any kind soul to share your views on Suntax D730AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraBeaR

Jul 7, 2009
Singapore, Compassvale
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to photography so I would like to know how all the experienced seniors here feels about Suntax D730AF external flash.

I was at PP earlier and went into a shop just opposite Cathay... the shop lady was singing praises of the Suntax D730AF flash when I was inquiring on flashes and she quoted me S$168 for it.

As a beginner, is this flash a good enough? I own a Canon 500D, EFS 18-200mm len and EF 50mm len.

Experienced seniors, pls share your opinions and comments.

Many thanks!

Never heard of this flash brand, darn cheap. Keep in mind that the price difference is not just because of branding but also built quality, quality control and other factors. If this flash is designated for Canon it could work (key word: ETTL2 compatibility), check the details. Otherwise the flash will only work in manual flash mode. Have a look at the offers here for Nissin and other flashes, at least some people can give you feedback. Also compare the features (swivel of head), that's what you need when using on hotshoe.

Never heard of this flash brand, darn cheap. Keep in mind that the price difference is not just because of branding but also built quality, quality control and other factors. If this flash is designated for Canon it could work (key word: ETTL2 compatibility), check the details. Otherwise the flash will only work in manual flash mode. Have a look at the offers here for Nissin and other flashes, at least some people can give you feedback. Also compare the features (swivel of head), that's what you need when using on hotshoe.

==> thanks... will read up more on the ETTL2 compatibility....

Status
Not open for further replies.