Any kind soul to rent me your lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roy2978

Mar 30, 2003
Central
Visit site
Hi,

Is there anyone is kind enuf to rent me your wide-angle lens?

Bcos I need them to cover a fren's wedding coming soon. Would prefer 17-40mm f/4L or 16-35 f/2.8L.

Can neg the rental price or if free i would be most greatly grateful abt that.

Roy

L lenses are like wives to some people - would you rent your wife out?

Seriously, just a general Q - if I rent somebody a lens, how do I make sure I get it back? What if it gets damaged? I think many people would rather not rent out their lenses. Any views?

Russ said:
L lenses are like wives to some people - would you rent your wife out?

Seriously, just a general Q - if I rent somebody a lens, how do I make sure I get it back? What if it gets damaged? I think many people would rather not rent out their lenses. Any views?

I am sure ppl rather not to rent out. But if there are enterprising photog around, they could rent out the L lens taking desposits base on 100% of the market price :D

However, I beg to differ from Jeff49er's comments.

The only reason why I would say this is that a very kind soul allowed me to borrow the 1Ds with a WA lens without any cost. However, the only agreement is that if anything were to happen to the cam, I would take it down to canon and pay for the repair. This has happened twice to me so far.

true.. just came to this thread. I wouldn't mind lending u my 17-40L but i'm in Bkk... hehe... sorry!

I certainly agree to all ur worries... and i would have my doubts too if some strangers ask me to lend him my my lens....

But i do urgently need such lens to cover my fren's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.